Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursive search for string in file with Loop condition Post 302803951 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 7th of May 2013 05:41:48 PM
Old 05-07-2013
Your situation is a bit strange, but cannot be improved without knowing more about the test1.sh.
Here is a proposal for a strange solution on a strange problem:
Code:
test1.sh &
tail -f logfile_from_test1.sh | awk '/complete/ {exit}'
test2.sh &
tail -f logfile_from_test2.sh | awk '/complete/ {exit}'
test3.sh

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive Search and replace only when found string

Hello all ( again ) I will like to search and replace string in text file ok I can loop throw the files like : foreach f ( ` find . -name "*."`) .. but here I like to examine the file if in contain the desired string and so do the sed -e 's/blah/foo/g' thingy on it or there is better way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find file with date and recursive search for a text

Hey Guyz I have a requirement something like this.. a part of file name, date of modification of that file and a text is entered as input. like Date : 080206 (MMDDYY format.) filename : hotel_rates text : Jim now the file hotel_rates.ZZZ.123 (creation date is Aug 02 2006) should be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive find / grep within a file / count of a string

Hi All, This is the first time I have posted to this forum so please bear with me. Thanks also advance for any help or guidance. For a project I need to do the following. 1. There are multiple files in multiple locations so I need to find them and the location. So I had planned to use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charlie6742
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Full System Recursive Search for a String - Not Finishing

Using grep -r -H "foobar" / > result to give all files that contain the string "foobar" Half way , its waiting for some thing and does not end Not Sure whats happening. Any help is much appreciated Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive replacement of search string using sed

Dear Unix Forum Group Members, Please do let me know how I can replace the double pipe with single pipe recursively on single record. Sample Input Data: DN set|Call prefix||| Called number address nature 0||| *789|||||||ALL number types 0||| 00||||||||ALL number types 10||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinu.kadem
5 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file loop and increment value for condition

I am trying to have the below batch file do following two things: 1. only allow the values YES,yes,Y,y, or NO,no,N,n 2. increment the counter %var1 only if answer to question 2 is "y" and not able to get the syntax correct. If %var1%=1 then I am trying to display function :end. Thank you :).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop with Perl (string search)

I am using a perl script to reverse and complement sequences if a string is found. The script works as expected as standalone but I would like to use it in my bash file. However, I am not getting my expected result. My test.txt file >Sample_72... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Loop through the folders and search for particular string in files

Hello, Opearting System Environment : HP Unix B.11.31 U I look for script to On specific folders list On specific filelist Search for given string For Example : r48_buildlib.txt contains wpr480.0_20161027 wpr480.0_20161114 wpr481.0_20161208 wpr482.0_20161222... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help search multiple condition from a file.

OS: window 7 shell : korn shell I have 2 file , i'm need grep data according File_1 from file 2. File_1 CAL_ENAB_N_4_ $2N12743_29 +12V File_2 NODE CAL_ENAB_N_4_ PINS 21548; PROBES P1465 3651, 46900 tn2700.1 LWT; WIRES (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
6 Replies
music123(1)						      General Commands Manual						       music123(1)

NAME
music123 - plays various sound files (usually including MP3, Ogg and Wav). SYNOPSIS
music123 [ -hqrvz ] file ... DESCRIPTION
music123 is a shell around various command line programs to play music files. It will descend directories trees with -r, and randomize file lists with -z. The programs used and the options given them are listed in /etc/music123rc or ~/.music123rc. OPTIONS
-h Show command help and exit; -q Quiet mode. No messages are displayed. -r Recurse into directories, instead of ignoring them. -v Display version information and exit. -z Play files in random order. -Z Play the files randomly and endlessly. -l Loop. -z -l differs from -Z in that -z -l will randomize, play through the song list (without repetition) in random order once, and repeat the songs in that order over and over; -Z will randomly play the songs, without any order, and will possibly play a song right after itself. -i Ignore extension case. -L List files and exit. -T Start a task that handle commands, only one command supported : quit, using q or Q will quit the application at the end of the cur- rent song. -D Set music123 not to delay between songs. (May make music123 harder to kill). -d Customize the time music123 delays between songs. -d takes one argument, expressed in seconds, which may have a fractional part. -@ Play the files listed in the mandatory argument of -@. Other files can be added on the command line, and this option can be given several times. Note that music123 doesn't yet play URLs. -- End option list. EXAMPLES
Play three songs: music123 test1.ogg test2.mp3 test3.wav Play a couple of directories and other songs at random: music123 -z -r Rock/ test1.ogg Pop/ test4.wav FILES
/etc/music123rc Describes which programs music123 uses, which files types it supports, and which options it passes those programs. ~/.music123rc Per-user config file to override the system wide settings. AUTHORS
Authors: David Starner <dvdeug@debian.org> July 24, 2002 music123(1)