Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk print formatting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk print formatting Post 302803919 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 7th of May 2013 04:42:53 PM
Old 05-07-2013
Quick and dirty:
Code:
df -k | awk '
{print}
NR==1 {
print "--------------------------------   ---------    --------    -------  ---------   ------------------------"
}'

A bit more sophisticated (needs nawk or Posix awk or GNU awk):
Code:
df -k | awk '{print} NR==1 {gsub("[^ ]","-"); print}'

or with sed
Code:
df -k | sed '1p;1s/[^ ]/-/g'

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 05-07-2013 at 05:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting using awk

Let's say I write a simple script that contains the following: date | awk '{print $1}' date | awk '{print $2}' Of course, when I run the script the output will look similar to: Tue Mar What if I want my ouput to be on one line as follows: Tue Mar What changes would I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Formatting Problem

Hi All, I'm having a problem with the way awk is interperting a space between double quotes in a for loop. Below is the code and output from running the script: AWK for loop: for i in $(awk 'BEGIN{FS=","}{print "Probe Name:" $1};{print "Probe Temp:" $2};{ print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String formatting using AWK

Hi, I need to insert a line at a particular line number. I am using the below code: sed $REV_LINO_NO" i\\ # $CURRENT_DATE $NAME Changed pwd for cindy\'s id" file > file1 This code works, but the formatting is not as I expected. For example, I get lines as shown below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK formatting help.

Dear all I require help with AWK regarding this situation Input is : fn1 12345 fn1 23456 fn3 231513 fn1 22325 fn3 123125 Desired output is fn1 12345 23456 22325 fn3 231513 123125 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peasant
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting awk

when i try this awk its giving out put as below. awk '!(/^$/||/--/||/selected/||/^ *$/){print $1}' tmp.txt output ===== 1 2010-08-03-12.31.26.126000 how excluede the 1st line ? i mean i want output only 2nd line i.e 2010-08-03-12.31.26.126000; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk formatting

Hi all, I'm writing a simple awk code: awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"};{print "Type\tNumber\ttypes\tTotal";};{print $1, "\t", $2, "\t", $3, "\t", $4, "\t";}' db_query.txt it gives me the result: Type Number types Total XXX 498.0 5100.0 5274.661 Type Number types Total... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with awk'ing formatting this

Hi, I have a file below that I am wanting to awk. The lines of relevance are lines 7 and 9 $ nl /tmp/x 1 ADRCI: Release 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on Sun Jun 23 17:01:02 2013 2 Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. 3 ADR base =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : finding and formatting

Hi , I was trying to find files of a particular date and did that but then I also wanted to format a field based on some condition so had put another if else in awk. Now it is getting the files of particular date or also the files which are matching that if else condition. find . -name "*"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suffix formatting with awk

i would like to format the 9 character with suffix as "0". i tried below it doesn't work. >a=12345 > echo $a | awk '{printf "%-09s\n",$1}' >12345 required output is 123450000 can you guys help me out ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File formatting with awk

Hi, I would like to format the file input example to the specific output example. I have tried numerous different ways, however not able to extract the information as desired. Any assistance to get the file formatted would be truly appreciated: Input: server:<server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omuhans123
3 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)