Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to compare to values returned from sql in shell scripting? Post 302803739 by Yoda on Tuesday 7th of May 2013 09:53:53 AM
Old 05-07-2013
Copy this code as it is and try to run:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

val_1=$( sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 << EOF
set heading off
SELECT MAX(STAT_ID) FROM CVT_STATS;
exit
EOF
)
echo "val_1: $val_1"

nohup ./cvt -f MediationSources.xml &
sleep 60

val_2=$( sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 << EOF
set heading off
SELECT MAX(STAT_ID) FROM CVT_STATS;
exit
EOF
)
echo "val_2: $val_2"

if [ $val_1 -ne $val_2 ]
then
     echo "PASS"
else
     echo "FAIL"
fi

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql with shell scripting

Hi, I want to extract data from database table to a flat file using shell scripting. For loading data from file to a table, I had used SQL Loader. How can I do the vice versa using shell scripting. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhil
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting and SQL

Hi, I have a file that has contents like this: SQL> select * from details; NAME REG -------------------- ---------- Mani 1 Santosh 2 Manju 3 Mukesh 4 SQL> spool off; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aggregate values in a file & compare with sql output

Hi, I have a file containing the following data: junk123junk723itemcode001qty01price10total10junkjunk junk123junk723itemcode002qty02price10total20junkjunk .. .. .. could be 5000+ lines I have an algo and need a code to implement this: 1. Linecount = wc -l (should give 5000) 2. For i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how towrite sql in shell scripting

hi iam new of scipiting.give me the some Material of regarding sql in scripting. and i have no backup's in 3 severs.how to write script in dirctory. please give me some usefull information cheers Naveen.g (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values from sql to shell script

Hi guyz, Posting a thread after a long time. I want to pass two variables to unix shell script from sql script. Note: I am calling sql script from unix script. sql script has 2 variables one is the return code for status of program run and second one email flag. I don't know how to capture... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql & Shell scripting book

Hi, I am looking for some books that have examples of both Oracle SQL and Shell script being used together. For example, to insert 500 rows into a table using a script. I already have books that cover Shell scripting or SQL, but as separate subjects. I am looking for books that have both of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: handle123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL commands in a shell scripting

Hi, I need to write a shell script file that does 1)Connects to DB using SQL plus 2)Do some SQL query like select * from.... 3)Based on the output that I got from the sql query I will have to write a if else loop. Plz let me know how to write the shell scripting for this. Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: villain41
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql issue in shell scripting

HI friends , i am also facing an issue in mysql i ma trying to insert detail in a variable but not got success #!/bin/sh mysql -u<username> -p<password> <dbname> << EOF DEV=`mysql --skip-column-names <dbname> -e "SELECT timestamp from process_record where id = 1"` EOF echo $DEV ERROR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay833i
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting question with SQL

hey i have to connect to sql through shell script , then store the value of the query in a variable and then compare it after some time after running a process. i have used this code but it is not working. #!/bin/sh Val = (sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 <<! SELECT MAX(STAT_ID) FROM CVT_STATS;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate sql statement using shell scripting

Can anyone please assist me? I have attached 2 input files and one output file. I need to generate the sql update statements using the above 2 input files. if inputfile2 has 5 rows, then we should generate 5 update statements because column1 is unique. inputfile1 and inputfile2 may contain more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
10 Replies
FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)							 1							FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)

fbsql_read_clob - Read a CLOB from the database

SYNOPSIS
string fbsql_read_clob (string $clob_handle, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Reads CLOB data from the database. If a select statement contains BLOB and/or CLOB columns FrontBase will return the data directly when data is fetched. This default behav- ior can be changed with fbsql_set_lob_mode(3) so the fetch functions will return handles to BLOB and CLOB data. If a handle is fetched a user must call fbsql_read_clob(3) to get the actual CLOB data from the database. PARAMETERS
o $clob_handle - A CLOB handle, returned by fbsql_create_clob(3). o $ link_identifier -A FrontBase link identifier returned by fbsql_connect(3) or fbsql_pconnect(3).If optional and not specified, the function will try to find an open link to the FrontBase server and if no such link is found it will try to create one as if fbsql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the specified CLOB data. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_read_clob(3) example <?php $link = fbsql_pconnect("localhost", "_SYSTEM", "secret") or die("Could not connect"); $sql = "SELECT CLOB_COLUMN FROM CLOB_TABLE;"; $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain the clob data for the first row fbsql_free_result($rs); $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); fbsql_set_lob_mode($rs, FBSQL_LOB_HANDLE); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain a handle to the CLOB data in the first row $clob_data = fbsql_read_clob($row_data[0]); fbsql_free_result($rs); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_create_clob(3), fbsql_read_blob(3), fbsql_set_lob_mode(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)