Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scp conections refused
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers scp conections refused Post 302803619 by williamen on Tuesday 7th of May 2013 06:20:27 AM
Old 05-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksen
scp uses -P upper case, ssh -p lower case to specify the port

just to confuse users I guess Smilie
funksen,

I use your command -p or -P ( not effect)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No more telnet conections

Help. my trouble... telnetd: All network ports in use. /etc/inetd.conf telnet stream tcp nowait NOLUID /etc/telnetd telnetd only 32 telnet permit SCO UNIX 3.2.5.0.5 :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoMaGo
2 Replies

2. SCO

telnet connection refused

I installed Openserver 5.0.7 and I cannot telnet to the localhost and I can't telnet from my old SCO 3.2.42 to the new SCO machine but I can ping the new machine and it will telnet to the old machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: printrick
2 Replies

3. SCO

Blocking ports and reseting conections

Hi folks! We have SCO Open System V 5.0.5 here. When I type "netstat -n" I found a line mentioning a conection at the port 1025, as follows: tcp 0 0 quartzo.1025 200-203-8-90.csl.aas ESTABLISHED Here we use only conections thru ports 22,23 and 25. I would like to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcio Moraes
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Connection refused

Hi there, Anything will help. I have running server on computer and want to connect from some clients. Server: memset(&hints, 0, sizeof(hints)); hints.ai_family = domain; hints.ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM; error = getaddrinfo("localhost", "8300", &hints, &res0); if (error) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dudu1984
1 Replies

5. Programming

echo: Connection refused

OS : Solaris sparc In c program After socket created when I do Connect() it results "Connection refused", but the system is online and I am able to do telnet, ping everything, but it says connection refused. What would need to correct ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
6 Replies

6. AIX

ping OK - telnet refused

Hi, After a crash of our older AIX server it happend as it is in the title: ping is ok, but telnet: What it can be this strange thing? Franci (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frajer
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

PSQLException: Connection refused

I dont' what happened with my servers (test servers only) but I just noticed that suddenly I cannot up the domain anymore (Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01). a. server.log org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp connection refused

Hi- While trying ftp from AIX to Windows im getting below error. Can anyone share ur views on this topic. root@AB101# ftp -n 10.192.168.68 ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ftp> Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanis
3 Replies

9. Debian

ftp connection refused

I have two computers running Debian 6.0 and one running Solaris 2.6 on a private network. The Debian computers can ftp to the Solaris computer but if a Debian computer is the destination the ftp connection is refused. I assume this is some security feature of Debian. What can I do to allow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused

Hi I am trying to execute a shell script which is in unix server gs1. The script is below which basically connects to another unix server q15 and tries to get a file using FTP . But i get error as "ftp: connect: Connection refused Not connected. Not connected." Please help with if the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies
App::Nopaste::Service::ssh(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   App::Nopaste::Service::ssh(3pm)

NAME
App::Nopaste::Service::ssh - copies files to your server using scp AUTHOR
Kevin Falcone "<falcone@cpan.org>" Thomas Sibley "<trs@bestpractical.com>" ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
NOPASTE_SSH_SERVER The hostname to which you ssh. The left-hand side of the colon in the scp. For example: "sartak.org". NOPASTE_SSH_DOCROOT The path on disk for your pastes. For example: "public_html/paste". NOPASTE_SSH_WEBPATH The path for URLs. For example: "http://sartak.org/paste". NOPASTE_SSH_MODE Octal permissions mode to set for the temporary file before uploading. For example: 0644. NOPASTE_SSH_USE_DESCRIPTION Use the supplied description in the paste filename for easier identification of pastes. Defaults to the source filename, if any, but is overridden by an explicit "-d" or "--description" command line argument. APACHE CONFIGURATION RECOMMENDATIONS
The following is a recommended Apache configuration you can drop into ".htaccess" in your paste dir. RemoveHandler .cgi RemoveHandler .pl AddDefaultCharset utf-8 Options -ExecCGI -FollowSymLinks -Includes -MultiViews It prevents common means of script execution so that ".pl" and ".cgi" files won't run and defaults the character set to UTF-8 so browsers don't have to guess wrong. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-30 App::Nopaste::Service::ssh(3pm)