Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in finding sum for values in 2 different fields Post 302803513 by summer_cherry on Tuesday 7th of May 2013 02:24:41 AM
Old 05-07-2013
awk + python

awk:
Code:
gawk '{
if(NR==FNR){
        _[$1]=$2
}
else{
        if(/Storage/){
                name=$NF
        }
        else{
                if(NF==2){
                        l[name]+=_[$2]
                }
        }
}
}
END{
 for(i in l)
  print(i,l[i])
}' b a

python
Code:
import re
dict={}
leo={}
with open("a.txt") as f:
 for line in f:
  obj=re.match("Storage Group Name\s*:\s*(\S+)",line)
  if obj:
   name=obj.group(1)
   leo[name]=0
  else:
   obj=re.match("\s*\d+\s*(\d+)",line)
   if obj:
    dict.setdefault(name,[]).append(obj.group(1))
with open("b.txt") as f:
 for line in f:
  words=line.split(" ")
  for i in dict:
   if words[1] in dict[i]:
    leo[i]+=int(words[2])awk
for i in sorted(leo):
 print(i,leo[i])

This User Gave Thanks to summer_cherry For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort sum fields

HI ALL, i have a problem when i do a sort sum with many fields. Is there a limit for fields? Do you know a solution? thanks in advance. the shell is: # SORT1 SORT1_rcode=777 if ; then echo "USE $DARSEQ/OTPU.FTPEPREC RECORD F,1000 " > $DARPARSRT/TPEKL508.SORT1_$$.srt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tullo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating sum of fields in a file

Hey, I have a file and it has only one field. I need to calculate the sum of each filed as total. For e.g my file is 1 2 3 4 5 I need to calculate the total sum as 15. Please let me know how i can do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sum(col) finding from a file

Hi I have an file which looks like country address phone amount sweden |address |phone | 10 | Singapo |address |phone | 20 | Italy-N |address |phone | 30 | denmar |address |phone | 40 | Here i need to do the sum(amount), how to do this in shell scripting Thanks Babu (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sum column 1 values

I have a file file like this. I want to sum all column 1 values. input A 2 A 3 A 4 B 4 B 2 Out put A 9 B 6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sum values from 2 different files?

Hi I am trying to add count values from two different files into one file. Could any body please suggest me best command to do this? My problem was as follows: a.txt b.txt c.txt 10 20 30(needed) i tried cat a.txt b.txt > c.txt (its not adding the values) Thanks in advance.. Praveen (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: npk2210
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the sum of two numbers

cat *.out |grep "<some text>" | awk '{print $6}' For ex,This will reutrn me 11111 22222 is it possible to add these two numbers in the above given command itself?I can write this to a file and find the sum. But I prefer to this calculation in the above given line itself. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sum up two decimal values?

I am running the following script : cat ind_sls_extr_UX.out_sorted | while read each_rec do count=`echo "${each_rec}" | cut -c1-2` if then final_amount=0 amount=`echo "${each_rec}" | cut -c280-287` echo "${amount}" final_amount=`expr ${amount} + ${amount}` ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Sum of Occurrances

Hello friends, I have a database export and with this export i need to find some statistics which is required. I take the export of a table with only 3 columns like this: 2nd 3rd 12th 123 05.11.2010 09:27 0 124 05.11.2010 09:28 0 125 05.11.2010 09:34 1 126 05.11.2010 09:39 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To perform sum aggregation on numeric fields

Hi all, I have following scenario to perform sum aggregation on certain columns Node Allocated_Space Pool_Name CS_Group Utilized Space -------- ---------------- ---------- --------- -------------- bdw1a_lun01 300 bdw_p0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum fields of different files using awk

I'm trying to sum each field of the second column over many different files. For example: file1: file2: 1 5 1 5 2 6 2 4 3 5 3 3 To get: file3 1 10 2 10 3 8 I found answer when there are only 2 files as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogeriog.em
10 Replies
WORDS(5)						     Linux Programmers Manual							  WORDS(5)

NAME
irish - a list of Irish words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/irish is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
/etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to a /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default- wordlist(8) for more information. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Alastair McKibstry <mckinstry@computer.org> Kevin Scannell Linux 29 Sept 1998 WORDS(5)