Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Encrypting/Decrypting passwords Post 302803459 by fpmurphy on Monday 6th of May 2013 10:43:21 PM
Old 05-06-2013
Have you looked at vCLI (vSphere command Line Interface)? The vicfg-hostops interface can do what you are looking to do.

Code:
vicfg-hostops [<conn_options>]
       [--action [suspend|poweroff] |
        --cluster |
        --datacenter |
        --force |
        --operation [enter | exit | shutdown | reboot | info] ]

This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

decrypting a file

Accidentally, I encrypted a file while saving it in vi editor. While saving I used :X and when asked for encryption key, I simply pressed ENTER key without any input. I searched the forum, but unfortunately didn't get the proper solution. In one of the threads it asked to visit a particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decrypting Unix file

Accidentally, I encrypted a file while saving it in vi editor. While saving I used :X and when asked for encryption key, I simply pressed ENTER key without any input. Now, I want to decrypt the file. I searched the forum, but unfortunately didn't get the proper solution. In one of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

decrypting a file using shell script

how do you go about doing this i have a shell script here below but i am not to sure on the process of decrytpting the file. #!/bin/csh # # set am = ‘abcdefghijklm' set am = ‘ABCDEFGHIJKLM' set nz = ‘nopqrstuvwxyz' set NZ = ‘NOPQRSTUVWXYZ' cat $argv | tr $am $AM | tr $NZ $nz | tr $nz $am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: master_6ez
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Encrypting DataBase Passwords

Hi All We have got a HUGE process of securing our infrastructure(primarily the database) We basically establish connection to oracle database from our UNIX shell scripts when we do ps -ef | grep sqlplus it blurts out all the credentials as output. sqplus username/password@server ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b_sri
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring file name case and decrypting it.

Dear Friends, I want to decrypt 2 different file types in a folder (ZIP files and GPG files). Each file type need different decryption syntex. Hence, the script should identify file type and should act accordingly ignoring file name case i.e. upper or lower case. Also, the extention can be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When did UNIX start using encrypted passwords, and not displaying passwords when you type them in?

I've been using various versions of UNIX and Linux since 1993, and I've never run across one that showed your password as you type it in when you log in, or one that stored passwords in plain text rather than encrypted. I'm writing a script for work for a security audit, and two of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for encrypting/decrypting text file

Hello, I am a newbie in Shell scripting. At the moment, I have a program written in C++ which gives an output file in text format. I would like to write a shell program which can take that output file and encrypt it and later if needed I want to decrypt it. Could someone please help or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanin
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Find GPG Keys In Encrypted File With Out Decrypting it?

Hello All, Is there a way to determine how many public keys are embedded or used to encrypt in a GPG file with out decrypting the actual encrypted file. I know i can see the keys & email id's used when we decrypt it, but curious to find a command if any to know with out decrypting the actual file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

9. High Performance Computing

Encrypting interconnect

Hi, i've got a qusetion regarding interconnect of compute nodes. In our company we are running a Simulation Cluster which is administrated by the Simulation department. Now our central IT requires to encrypt the interconnect of the compute nodes. Does anybody in that business encrypt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiberkill
3 Replies
vncpasswd(1)							     TightVNC							      vncpasswd(1)

NAME
vncpasswd - set passwords for VNC server SYNOPSIS
vncpasswd [file] vncpasswd -t vncpasswd -f DESCRIPTION
The vncpasswd utility should be used to create and change passwords for the TightVNC server authentication. Xvnc uses such passwords when started with the -rfbauth command-line option (or when started from the vncserver script). vncpasswd allows to enter either one or two passwords. The first password is the primary one, the second password can be used for view-only authentication. Xvnc will restrict mouse and keyboard input from clients who authenticated with the view-only password. The vncpasswd util- ity asks interactively if it should set the second password. The password file name defaults to $HOME/.vnc/passwd unless the -t command-line option was used (see the OPTIONS section below). The $HOME/.vnc/ directory will be created if it does not exist. Each password has to be longer than five characters (unless the -f command-line option was used, see its description below). Only the first eight characters are significant. If the primary password is too short, the program will abort. If the view-only password is too short, then only the primary password will be saved. Unless a file name was provided in the command-line explicitly, this utility may perform certain sanity checks to prevent writing a pass- word file into some hazardous place. If at least one password was saved successfully, vncpasswd will exit with status code 0. Otherwise the returned status code will be set to 1. OPTIONS
-t Write passwords into /tmp/$USER-vnc/passwd, creating the /tmp/$USER-vnc/ directory if it does not exist, and checking the permis- sions on that directory (the mode must be 700). This option can help to improve security when your home partition may be shared via network (e.g. when using NFS). -f Filter mode. Read plain-text passwords from stdin, write encrypted versions to stdout. One or two passwords (full-control and view- only) can be supplied in the input stream, newline terminates a password. Note that in the filter mode, short or even empty pass- words will be silently accepted. SEE ALSO
vncserver(1), Xvnc(1), vncviewer(1), vncconnect(1) AUTHORS
Original VNC was developed in AT&T Laboratories Cambridge. TightVNC additions were implemented by Constantin Kaplinsky. Many other people participated in development, testing and support. Man page authors: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>, Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>, Constantin Kaplinsky <const@tightvnc.com> August 2006 vncpasswd(1)