Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace part of folder(s)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace part of folder(s) Post 302802931 by hanson44 on Sunday 5th of May 2013 01:32:57 PM
Old 05-05-2013
Quote:
The ownership / permission change occurs right after
the part of your script resolves. Can you confirm this ?
I cannot confirm that. Look at the Brc directory. Supposedly the group changes from "staff" to "mobile" after script runs. Why would that happen? What process would be changing the ownership and permissions on it's own? It is also possible there are two different directory structures that are somehow getting confused. You are dealing with a special device and situation.

You could try using the cd /var/mobile/Media/Downloads and ls -l commands at the end of the script, compare those results with what you see by hand.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a part of string

Hi, I have files that are named front1.txt to front999.txt. They are all in the same directory. To change "front" to "back", I am doing something like this. for file in *.txt; do new=`echo $file | sed 's/^**/back/g'` mv $file $new done My problem is what if files are named... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a part of the word in Shell

I have a csv file in which there are numbers like 078976/9XXX 098754/8XXX I want to replace the XXX with null. I want to know the command/code to do this. I know how to replace the whole word/number. But don't know how to replace a part of it. Thanks in advance, Mihir (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding replace a part of a string

hi all. i have a file name like abcd_vbnh.a_p i have to copy it as abcd_vbnh.a every time... in unix not in perl please (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_aqua14
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestion to replace a part of script

I have the part of script: if ; then make_command="make -f $temp_file" print $make_command; err_file="${sym_objdir}error.log" $make_command 2>$err_file; cat $err_file; ] && ] && exit 1; exit 0 fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay_84
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace part of text of a line

Gurus, You know, I believe you do:-), the comnand uname -r give you the kernel version: serverA:~# uname -r 2.6.26-1-xen-amd64So, I want to replace this output inside in the line below that is inside the file: kernel = '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64'Suppose, you move this file to ther... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a part of the string

Hi I need to Replace a part of string in between one complete string. For e.g.. in the file the value is as: jobnm_$code_xyz_001 In script we are having a variable code=$3, where $3=ab final output should be jobnm_ab_xyz_001. But it is not working. Your help will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - replace only on part of the string

Hello there, I need some help. I have a file containing this : $ cat file PARM1=(VAL11),PARM2=(VAL21,VAL22,VAL23),PARM3=(VAL31),PARM4=(VAL41,VAL42) and I need to replace all the ',' by '|' but only those which are between brackets. Output would be :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sephiburp
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to replace part of a column

dear all, I'm trying to use Awk to eliminate the last two characters from the first column in a file. This two characters are "-1" and I need to eliminate them from each row that I have in the files. The files have two columns and look like: ID_090-1 2 ID_3787-1 4 ID_0098-1 1 ID_12-1 4 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Identify the folder is part of which mount point

Dear, I am using Redhat 6.6 . How to identify a given directory is part of which mount point. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneesha
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace part of string?

Hi Gurus, I need to replace part of string in file, the string format is below: I can use ABCD to find string, then replace values after "=" sign ABCD_XXX=value ABCD_YYY=value after replace ABCD_XXX=new_value ABCD_YYY=new_value my OS is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-64 sun4v sparc sun4v ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
9 Replies
DH_USRLOCAL(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_USRLOCAL(1)

NAME
dh_usrlocal - migrate usr/local directories to maintainer scripts SYNOPSIS
dh_usrlocal [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_usrlocal is a debhelper program that can be used for building packages that will provide a subdirectory in /usr/local when installed. It finds subdirectories of usr/local in the package build directory, and removes them, replacing them with maintainer script snippets (unless -n is used) to create the directories at install time, and remove them when the package is removed, in a manner compliant with Debian policy. These snippets are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of debhelper maintainer script snippets. When the Rules-Requires-Root field is not (effectively) binary-targets, the directories in /usr/local will have ownership root:staff and the mode will be 02775. These values have been chosen to comply with the recommendations of the Debian policy for directories in /usr/local. When Rules-Requires-Root has an effective value of binary-targets, the owners, groups and permissions will be preserved with one exception. If the directory is owned by root:root, then ownership will be reset to root:staff and mode will be reset to 02775. This is useful, since that is the group and mode policy recommends for directories in /usr/local. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 2.2 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Andrew Stribblehill <ads@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_USRLOCAL(1)