Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Clear specific part of the screen Post 302802631 by wisecracker on Saturday 4th of May 2013 05:41:33 AM
Old 05-04-2013
You could use this function where 'char="lots of spaces as required"', and, vert and horiz are the rows and columns of the terminal window where you want to over _write_...

https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...-function.html

Bazza...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to clear screen

I searched the post and someone said to clear the screen in C, use printf("\033[2J"); ?? However, this doesn't work...typo or no. What is an equivalent command to 'CLS' in DOS/'clear' in UNIX to clear the screen and go to top of screen?? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
2 Replies

2. Programming

clear screen

what is the syntax for clearing the screen in c ? when i tried "Clrscr()" the CC complier does not reconise it. please do tell me more about this. thanking you imma (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
6 Replies

3. Programming

clear screen in g++

How do I clear screen in g++ I've included curses and tried compile with lcurses as per gcc but fails, I can clear by using system("clear") but would prefer to use the curses library if possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear screen in NAWK

Hello guys, I wonder if it is possible to clear out the screen in AWK. I'm printing out mail messages and I would like every message starting on the beginning of the screen. When I use FOR loop and printf("\n") it clears out the screen but my text is somewhere in the middle of the screen. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petoSVK
2 Replies

5. Programming

how to clear screen in GDB session

hi , Could any one tell me the command for clearing the screen in GDB session (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear Screen Command for BASH shell

I am unable to use clear or cls command on bash shell. I have recently installed Cygwin and am using that for practicing unix commands. I see that I can use Ctrl + L to clear the screen. I created an alias in my .bashrc to do the same as alias cls='^L' This is how i defined other aliases ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erora
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Screen Output to Specific Columns

User with moderate experience: I run a script (my addiction is KSH) that reads a file and reports certain parameters back to the user on screen and also piped to a file. The file(s) I read is/are located under different directories, and is usually called the same thing. Sometimes not. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearing part of screen in Korn Shell

Hi, I am writing a menu driven Korn script where I am getting some input from the users (host details, like Hostname, HBA WWN, Devices etc...). I face a challenge when the number of input lines goes past my window size. For this reason, I am planning to use a part of the screen for user input, say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lasko
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Byobu specific screen size.

There is away to make a window pane a specific size. I just forgot how to do it. Something like this: Ctrl-A : split-window -l xx -h xx Anyone know the right way to do this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ignatius
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)