Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Live upgrade first steps
Operating Systems Solaris Live upgrade first steps Post 302802595 by lingeshwaran on Saturday 4th of May 2013 02:42:42 AM
Old 05-04-2013
1.First install new live upgrade patches (download it from support.oracle.com)
2.Create a new boot environment (so that your new boot environment will have new patches.otherwise you will get error while activating new BE. )

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live upgrade Issue

Hi, I upgraded solaris 10 x86 from update 3 to update 7 with zones installed n UFS file system . The global zone was updated but the non global zone still shows update 3 what could be the reason for this and how can i update the local zones to update 7 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Live upgrade question

I want to basically update an ABE that someone created a few months back. I'm sure stuff has changed since it was made, and I was going to delete it and create a new one. But from what I'm looking at, the lumake appears like it would be a faster approach. I want to use live upgrade to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Live Upgrade Issue

I tried a live upgrade for one my solaris 10u8 server which didnt go sucessfull and after that i now have following mounts in memory. df: cannot statvfs /.alt.sol10u8_2/var: No such file or directory df: cannot statvfs /.alt.sol10u8_2/var/run: No such file or directory df: cannot statvfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Live Upgrade Query

I am upgrading Solaris-9 Update-7 to Solaris-9 Update-9 through live upgrade. I am able to create another boot environment and have OS DVD inside server. But i am confused for, what command/path should I give for luupgrade. OS DVD is mounted on /mnt Boot environments are Solaris9old (Active now)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typical steps to be followed while applying an application patch upgrade on linux

what are the typical steps used by system adminstrators while applying an application patch upgrade (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Live upgrade query

Hi All, Is it possible to use external san disk for creating alternate boot environment and boot from it.My root disk is about 70 gb and i want to use external san disk for 272gb to create alternate boot environment.If this is possible can you please redirect me some good documents, i had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to use live-upgrade with single disk, pre-patching steps?

Hi, I have Solaris-10 x86 (running on HP hardware), with 12 non-global zones running on this. I have to install latest patch cluster/set on this server. This server is not under backup schedule, so before installing patch cluster, I want to keep a backup. In case of any issue (bad patch or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
unattended-upgrade(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     unattended-upgrade(8)

NAME
unattended-upgrade - automatic installation of security (and other) upgrades SYNOPSIS
unattended-upgrade [options] DESCRIPTION
This program can download and install security upgrades automatically and unattended, taking care to only install packages from the config- ured APT source, and checking for dpkg prompts about configuration file changes. All output is logged to /var/log/unattended-upgrades.log. This script is the backend for the APT::Periodic::Unattended-Upgrade option and designed to be run from cron (e.g. via /etc/cron.daily/apt). OPTIONS
unattended-upgrade accepts the following options: -h, --help help output -d, --debug extra debug output into /var/log/unattended-upgrades.log --dry-run Just simulate installing updates, do not actually do it CONFIGURATION
The configuration is done via the apt configuration mechanism. The default configuration file can be found at /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unat- tended-upgrades AUTHORS
unattended-upgrade is written by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> This manual page was originally written by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2009 Canonical There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. May 4, 2009 unattended-upgrade(8)