Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting fixed length file using awk Post 302802305 by Neelkanth on Friday 3rd of May 2013 08:52:03 AM
Old 05-03-2013
superb..
thanks a lot..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

fixed length fields in awk

I am trying to display df -h command out in proper format, how can I display each field of each record in a fixed length. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopla
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk with fixed length files

Hi Unix Champs, I want to awk on a fixed length file. Instead if the file was a delimited file, then I could have used -F and then could have easily done manipulation on the fields. How do i do the same in case of fixed length file? Thanks in Advance. Regards. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: c2b2
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - Working with fixed length files

OK I am somewhat new to UNIX programming please see what you can do to help. I have a flat file that is a fixed length file containing different records based on the 1st character of each line. The 1st number at the beginning of the line is the record number, in this case it's record #1. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambroze
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert a tab delimited/variable length file to fixed length file

Hi, all. I need to convert a file tab delimited/variable length file in AIX to a fixed lenght file delimited by spaces. This is the input file: 10200002<tab>US$ COM<tab>16/12/2008<tab>2,3775<tab>2,3783 19300978<tab>EURO<tab>16/12/2008<tab>3,28523<tab>3,28657 And this is the expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Everton_Silveir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to extract incorrect fixed length records

I have a number of unix text files containing fixed-length records (normal unix linefeed terminator) where I need to find odd records which are an incorrect length. The data is not validated and records can contain odd backslash characters and control characters which makes them awkward to process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: methyl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk script to compare 2 fields in fixed length file.

Need a script that manipulates a fixed length file that will compare 2 fields in that file and if they are equal write that line to a new file. i.e. If fields 87-93 = fields 119-125, then write the entire line to a new file. Do this for every line in the file. After we get only the fields... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Muga801
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print fixed length columns to right side

Hi, I am in a situation to print the message on a column, where the each line starting position should be same. For example code: HOSTNAME1="1.2.3.4.5.6.7" TARGET_DIR="/tmp" echo "HOSTNAME1:" "$HOSTNAME1" | awk -v var="Everyone" '{len=55-length;printf("%s%*s\n",$0,len,var)}' echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprabhaker
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue splitting a fixed-width file containing line feed in data

Hi Forum. I have the following script that splits a large fixed-width file into smaller multiple fixed-width files based on input segment type. The main command in the script is: awk -v search_col_pos=$search_col_pos -v search_str_len=$search_str_len -v segment_type="$segment_type"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting the file based on two fields - Fixed length file

Hi , I am having a scenario where I need to split the file based on two field values. The file is a fixed length file. ex: AA0998703000000000000190510095350019500010005101980301 K 0998703000000000000190510095351019500020005101480 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
4 Replies
fixadd(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixadd(3alleg4)

NAME
fixadd - Safe function to add fixed point numbers clamping overflow. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixadd(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
Although fixed point numbers can be added with the normal '+' integer operator, that doesn't provide any protection against overflow. If overflow is a problem, you should use this function instead. It is slower than using integer operators, but if an overflow occurs it will set `errno' and clamp the result, rather than just letting it wrap. Example: fixed result; /* This will put 5035 into `result'. */ result = fixadd(itofix(5000), itofix(35)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixadd(itofix(-31000), itofix(-3000)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the clamped result of adding `x' to `y', setting `errno' to ERANGE if there was an overflow. SEE ALSO
fixsub(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), fixdiv(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixadd(3alleg4)