Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat [Solved] Problem while working with LVM Post 302802197 by maverick_here on Friday 3rd of May 2013 05:49:56 AM
Old 05-03-2013
Please try

Quote:
yum reinstall lvm2
This User Gave Thanks to maverick_here For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Problem for restoring lvm on different disks

Hi all, I have a server running in RH ES4, the SCSI HD are running in RAID 1. I backup the LVM config by using 'vgcfgbackup' and then remove all the HD. I insert another HD (same size & branch but different model) into the machine and run linux rescue to recreate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
0 Replies

2. Solaris

/etc/lvm/lock problem

Hi, I amnot able to execute any svm command. it gives the below message and hangs: # metadetach d50 d30 metadetach: waiting on /etc/lvm/lock ^Cmetadetach: Interrupt # metaclear d50 metaclear: waiting on /etc/lvm/lock ^Cmetaclear: Interrupt Please advice. Regards, Sagar. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Labrynthine problem of LVM

hi friends I have a problem .. actually I m working on LVM in linux through WinHex ..I have made one volume group and it has two logical volumes logvol00 and logvol01 and both are respectively mount on /rahul and /rock..I have found both folder(rahul & rock) in root directory which use ext file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul chauhan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM problem

hi friends I have a problem .. actually I m working on LVM in linux through WinHex ..I have made one volume group and it has two logical volumes logvol00 and logvol01 and both are respectively mount on /rahul and /rock..I have found both folder(rahul & rock) in root directory which use ext file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul chauhan
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] Need help with HP-UX 11.31 LVM!

Hi all, I've created some logical volumes on a non-production server. I was supposed to make the new LV's similar to another LV already on the server. Supposed to be the similar to lvol5 I did everything right except one thing as somebody mentioned. I would like to figure out what I did... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM mirror creation problem

I apologize is this isn't an appropriate post for the 'advanced' UNIX, so please let me know if I should post this under UNIX for dummies, but here's my problem in a nutshell: I having problems creating a mirrored logical volume. I have created two new physical volumes ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonrodan
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

LVM Partitioning Problem

Since I couldn't find a Fedora section, I post my thread here... Hi all, I installed Fedora 17 with Windows 7. For some reason I had to use LVM, since every time when I want to add more than one partition i.e. swap and /root it told me that the space was not sufficient, but still I had 300GB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help with LVM?

Hi How do you configure LVM to linux? How to create logic volume using LVM? On a new VM system, just install RHEL 5.8 gave 200 gig for / and 10 gig for swap. Now I want to configure LVM? is that too late, do I need to delete and start all over again ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

9. AIX

Script Checking LVM Mirror not Working

Hi, I need to know who can I create an script in order to check server mirror in AIX. I got this script !/usr/bin/ksh # # Check if a VG is mirrored. # # lsattr -El <lvname> -a strictness -a copies # If copies=2 and scrictness=y, then VG is mirrored # # LVs are retrieved via 'lsvg -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fede_mont
5 Replies

10. SuSE

Problem migrating disk attached to the same vg (lvm)

Hi, I'm trying to migrate the content of disk 'A' to disk 'B', that they belong to the same vg 'data'_vg'. Whe using pvmove, I get the following error: 'device-mapper: suspend ioctl failed: Interrupted system call'. I put down the whole trace: pvmove -v "source_disk" "sink_disk" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Begnux
0 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)