Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat [Solved] Problem while working with LVM Post 302801649 by atanubanerji on Thursday 2nd of May 2013 11:40:15 AM
Old 05-02-2013
Copying binary did not work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Problem for restoring lvm on different disks

Hi all, I have a server running in RH ES4, the SCSI HD are running in RAID 1. I backup the LVM config by using 'vgcfgbackup' and then remove all the HD. I insert another HD (same size & branch but different model) into the machine and run linux rescue to recreate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
0 Replies

2. Solaris

/etc/lvm/lock problem

Hi, I amnot able to execute any svm command. it gives the below message and hangs: # metadetach d50 d30 metadetach: waiting on /etc/lvm/lock ^Cmetadetach: Interrupt # metaclear d50 metaclear: waiting on /etc/lvm/lock ^Cmetaclear: Interrupt Please advice. Regards, Sagar. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Labrynthine problem of LVM

hi friends I have a problem .. actually I m working on LVM in linux through WinHex ..I have made one volume group and it has two logical volumes logvol00 and logvol01 and both are respectively mount on /rahul and /rock..I have found both folder(rahul & rock) in root directory which use ext file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul chauhan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM problem

hi friends I have a problem .. actually I m working on LVM in linux through WinHex ..I have made one volume group and it has two logical volumes logvol00 and logvol01 and both are respectively mount on /rahul and /rock..I have found both folder(rahul & rock) in root directory which use ext file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul chauhan
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] Need help with HP-UX 11.31 LVM!

Hi all, I've created some logical volumes on a non-production server. I was supposed to make the new LV's similar to another LV already on the server. Supposed to be the similar to lvol5 I did everything right except one thing as somebody mentioned. I would like to figure out what I did... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM mirror creation problem

I apologize is this isn't an appropriate post for the 'advanced' UNIX, so please let me know if I should post this under UNIX for dummies, but here's my problem in a nutshell: I having problems creating a mirrored logical volume. I have created two new physical volumes ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonrodan
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

LVM Partitioning Problem

Since I couldn't find a Fedora section, I post my thread here... Hi all, I installed Fedora 17 with Windows 7. For some reason I had to use LVM, since every time when I want to add more than one partition i.e. swap and /root it told me that the space was not sufficient, but still I had 300GB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help with LVM?

Hi How do you configure LVM to linux? How to create logic volume using LVM? On a new VM system, just install RHEL 5.8 gave 200 gig for / and 10 gig for swap. Now I want to configure LVM? is that too late, do I need to delete and start all over again ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

9. AIX

Script Checking LVM Mirror not Working

Hi, I need to know who can I create an script in order to check server mirror in AIX. I got this script !/usr/bin/ksh # # Check if a VG is mirrored. # # lsattr -El <lvname> -a strictness -a copies # If copies=2 and scrictness=y, then VG is mirrored # # LVs are retrieved via 'lsvg -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fede_mont
5 Replies

10. SuSE

Problem migrating disk attached to the same vg (lvm)

Hi, I'm trying to migrate the content of disk 'A' to disk 'B', that they belong to the same vg 'data'_vg'. Whe using pvmove, I get the following error: 'device-mapper: suspend ioctl failed: Interrupted system call'. I put down the whole trace: pvmove -v "source_disk" "sink_disk" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Begnux
0 Replies
VGDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      VGDISPLAY(8)

NAME
vgdisplay - display attributes of volume groups SYNOPSIS
vgdisplay [-A|--activevolumegroups] [-c|--colon|-s|--short|-v|--verbose] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--nosuffix] [-P|--partial] [--unitshHbBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [--version] [VolumeGroupName[VolumeGroupName...]] vgdisplay --columns | -C [--aligned][-d|--debug][-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure][--noheadings][--nosuffix] [-o|--options[+]Field[,Field]] [-O|--sort[+|-]Key1[,[+|-]Key2[,...]]] [-P|--partial] [--separatorSeparator] [--unbuffered] [--unitshHbB- sSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [VolumeGroupName[VolumeGroupName...]] DESCRIPTION
vgdisplay allows you to see the attributes of VolumeGroupName (or all volume groups if none is given) with it's physical and logical vol- umes and their sizes etc. vgs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). OPTIONS
See lvm for common options and vgs for options given with --columns. -A, --activevolumegroups Only select the active volume groups. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. vgs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: 1 volume group name 2 volume group access 3 volume group status 4 internal volume group number 5 maximum number of logical volumes 6 current number of logical volumes 7 open count of all logical volumes in this volume group 8 maximum logical volume size 9 maximum number of physical volumes 10 current number of physical volumes 11 actual number of physical volumes 12 size of volume group in kilobytes 13 physical extent size 14 total number of physical extents for this volume group 15 allocated number of physical extents for this volume group 16 free number of physical extents for this volume group 17 uuid of volume group -s, --short Give a short listing showing the existence of volume groups. -v, --verbose Display verbose information containing long listings of physical and logical volumes. If given twice, also display verbose runtime information of vgdisplay's activities. --version Display version and exit successfully. --columns|-C Display output in columns, the equivalent of vgs. Options listed are the same as options given in vgs (8). SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgs(8), pvcreate(8), vgcreate(8), lvcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGDISPLAY(8)