Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automate scp between servers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automate scp between servers Post 302801537 by Revansidhu on Thursday 2nd of May 2013 06:55:41 AM
Old 05-02-2013
try this one!
Code:
lineNumber=1
lstMaxLine=`wc -l serverdetailsfile.txt | awk '{print $1}'`
while [ $lineNumber -le $lstMaxLine ]
	do
	S_server=`head -$lineNumber serverdetailsfile.txt | tail -1|awk '{print $1}'` 
	S_path=`head -$lineNumber serverdetailsfile.txt | tail -1|awk '{print $2}'`
	d_server=`head -$lineNumber serverdetailsfile.txt | tail -1|awk '{print $3}'` 
	d_path=`head -$lineNumber serverdetailsfile.txt | tail -1|awk '{print $4}'`

lineNumber=`expr $lineNumber + 1`
	scp Username@$S_server:$S_path* Username@$d_server:$d_path.
	done

i think this will work!
This User Gave Thanks to Revansidhu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automate useradd

Hi I wounder if some one knows how to make a script to automate user adding? When i am starting the script it will add user like 04pers00 and fowllowing untill that i'm quit. The password will be a standard password typed in the file. I'm unsing Sun solaris 9 on Intel Sorry for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steffa
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp between 2 servers - invoked at 3rd server

I have a couple of servers that can't see each other and need to copy files from one to the other. I try to invoke scp from a 3rd server that can see both servers - get error msgs that are cryptic. from server C I can do scp user@serverA:~/file . scp file user@serverB:~ but if I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigjohn-nj
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate FTP

Hi, Currently, i am using sftp manully to transfer files between two secure servers. Can anyone provide me a sample shell script which can automate the sftp process? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: borncrazy
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to scp/sftp between two servers

I have four servers that for all intents and purposes are the same (I have the same profile on all four), North, South, Brooklyn & Queens. I have a script that scp's a file from Queens to brooklyn, and it runs just fine. I tried to replicate the script on South, to transfer a file to North, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scp between two servers

Is there a way to connect betwwen two servers A and B without using prompting for a password ..... I am writing a script which includes picking up files from and puts them to B. using mget .. To make the script fully automable I am looking for a passwordless authentication... Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to SCP a file to multiple servers

Hi All, I am a total noob to the Unix world, and i hope to learn a lot from this wonderful community. Here's my first post and question , i am trying to SCP a file to multiple servers (multiple destinations) through this little script : #!/bin/ksh # copy files # File to be copied... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script that can Automate Printer adding task in HP-UX servers

I want to make a script to automate printer adding task.My inputs are like Printer name : xyz Port number :9001 I should write a script to make the Printer adding task will be automated. Like in manually adding task we are doing through hppi or jetadmin tools. ---------- Post updated at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilKPatnaik
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

automate scp faster

Hi, I am currently using a shell script to transfer file to another machine non-stop using scp . below is my code : #!/bin/bash while : do scp /home/pc3/Desktop/b.html pc1@192.168.1.102:/home/pc1/Documents done After it transfer the first image, it needs 5 seconds to send the second... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ericyue
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp without password between two servers

Hello Folks, I have two linux server accounts server1 and server2 From the terminal if I say this command, scp /source/folder/from/server1/unix.txt user@server2.com:/destination/folder/ Then it prompts for the password user@server2.com's password: I enter my password and then it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
gets(1T)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  gets(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
gets - Read a line from a channel SYNOPSIS
gets channelId ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command reads the next line from channelId, returns everything in the line up to (but not including) the end-of-line character(s), and discards the end-of-line character(s). ChannelId must be an identifier for an open channel such as the Tcl standard input channel (stdin), the return value from an invocation of | open or socket, or the result of a channel creation command provided by a Tcl extension. The channel must have been opened for input. If varName is omitted the line is returned as the result of the command. If varName is specified then the line is placed in the variable by that name and the return value is a count of the number of characters returned. If end of file occurs while scanning for an end of line, the command returns whatever input is available up to the end of file. If chan- nelId is in nonblocking mode and there is not a full line of input available, the command returns an empty string and does not consume any input. If varName is specified and an empty string is returned in varName because of end-of-file or because of insufficient data in non- blocking mode, then the return count is -1. Note that if varName is not specified then the end-of-file and no-full-line-available cases can produce the same results as if there were an input line consisting only of the end-of-line character(s). The eof and fblocked commands can be used to distinguish these three cases. EXAMPLE
This example reads a file one line at a time and prints it out with the current line number attached to the start of each line. set chan [open "some.file.txt"] set lineNumber 0 while {[gets $chan line] >= 0} { puts "[incr lineNumber]: $line" } close $chan SEE ALSO
file(1T), eof(1T), fblocked(1T), Tcl_StandardChannels(3TCL) KEYWORDS
blocking, channel, end of file, end of line, line, nonblocking, read ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 7.5 gets(1T)