Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PuTTY displaying "special" characters Post 302801267 by hanson44 on Wednesday 1st of May 2013 05:00:01 PM
Old 05-01-2013
Normally, cat -v does show what the non-printing character is.

Hex 18 shows as ^X
Hex 19 shows as ^Y
This User Gave Thanks to hanson44 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split special characters "|" using awk

Hi friends I need to splict special character "|" here. Here is my script which giving error LINE=INVTRAN|cd /home/msgGoogle TraxFolderType=`awk -F"|" '{print $1}' $LINE` filePath=`awk -F"|" '{print $2}' $LINE` echo "TraxFolderType: "$TraxFolderType echo "filePath :"$filePath ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna9
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The "PS" command was displaying*terminals named as "SYSCON"

Hi, When typing the command ps -fe.the system is showing a process called SYSCON:confused:.... I am not sure what process is that.I hava a script that kills all command staring with 'sys' but i don't want to kill syscon:( since i think it is some system process:confused: .Please help me to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranjose85
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about special variables: "-" and "$_"

both ksh/bash support this 2 special variables, Is there any document for reference? 1) "-" is $OLDPWD 2) "$_" is last argument of previous command. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need HELP with AWK split. Need to check for "special characters" in string before splitting the file

Hi Experts. I'm stuck with the below AWK code where i'm trying to move the records containing any special characters in the last field to a bad file. awk -F, '{if ($NF ~ /^|^/) print >"goodfile";else print >"badfile"}' filename sample data 1,abc,def,1234,A * 2,bed,dec,342,* A ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Network error: No route to host" While connecting guest RHEL4 using putty

Hi, I have installed RHEL4 using vmware workstation.. Host OS: Windows XP Guest OS: RHEL4 Pls refer step 17 & 18 in below link... ORACLE-BASE - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Centos 4 Installation 1) If i choose to assign IP automatically (using DHCP) means, i am able to connect RHEL4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to identify the special characters beyond the range of "[\x80-\xFF]"

I want to filter out the special character whose ascii value doesn't fall within the range "" . Example:� or Ć. So in that case is there any defined range which will filter out this characters. I can filter those which falls withing "" . Need to filter those special chracter which doesn't... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijit Sen
14 Replies
smbstat(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       smbstat(1M)

NAME
smbstat - show Solaris CIFS file server statistics SYNOPSIS
smbstat [-di] DESCRIPTION
The smbstat command shows statistical information for the smbd server. When the -i option is specified, the smbstat command shows general information about the CIFS service. For instance, smbstat -i shows the number of sessions, connections, and open files. The -d option shows dispatched CIFS request counters. By default, the smbstat command shows all statistics. OPTIONS
The smbstat command includes the following options: -d Shows all the dispatched CIFS requests on the CIFS server. This option shows count statistics based on request activity. -i Shows the following information for the CIFS server: connections Number of CIFS connections. open_files Number of files open on the CIFS server. sessions Number of active CIFS sessions. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See the attributes(5) man page for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsmbsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Utility Output Format |Not-an-Interface | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sharectl(1M), sharemgr(1M), smbadm(1M), smbstat(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 4 Aug 2008 smbstat(1M)