Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print mutliple patterns in a line using sed Post 302801103 by Subbeh on Wednesday 1st of May 2013 10:39:53 AM
Old 05-01-2013
try this:
Code:
perl -ne '@s = $_ =~ /\('(.*?)'\)/g; print join ("|", @s)'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match multiple patterns in a file and then print their respective next line

Dear all, I need to search multiple patterns and then I need to print their respective next lines. For an example, in the below table, I will look for 3 different patterns : 1) # ATC_Codes: 2) # Generic_Name: 3) # Drug_Target_1_Gene_Name: #BEGIN_DRUGCARD DB00001 # AHFS_Codes:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk print between different patterns the first occurrence

Thanks for the help yesterday. I have a little modification today, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR Exception1 blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sed/awk print between patterns the first occurrence

Guys, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the next line by searching with different patterns

Hi, I am having an '.xml' file with 'n' number of lines and also having another file with '.txt' format contains values which i want to search. Now I want to print the next line with the pattern which i am searching in '.xml' file. And the loop has to repeat for different patterns which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the next line by searching with different patterns in AIX server?

Hi, I am having an '.xml' file with 'n' number of lines and also having another file with '.txt' format contains values which i want to search. Now I want to print the next line with the pattern which i am searching in '.xml' file. And the loop has to repeat for different patterns which are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print between 2 patterns only last occurence

Hi, I have a file, which contains the following log data. I am trying to print fromt he file the following data: I have tried using sed, but I am getting from the first pattern Thanks for your help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line between two patterns when a certain pattern matched

Hello Friends, I need to print lines in between two string when a keyword existed in those lines (keywords like exception, error, failed, not started etc). for example, input: .. Begin Edr ab12 ac13 ad14 bc23 exception occured bd24 cd34 dd44 ee55 ff66 End Edr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns and print them with other patterns not the whole line

Hi, I am trying to extract some patterns from a line. The input file is space delimited and i could not use column to get value after "IN" or "OUT" patterns as there could be multiple white spaces before the next digits that i need to print in the output file . I need to print 3 patterns in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print line if two lines above it matches patterns.?

Hi, I could only find examples to print line before/after a match, but I'd need to print line after two separate lines matching. E.g.: From the below log entry, I would need to print out the 1234. This is from a huge log file, that has a lot of entries with "CLIENT" and "No" entries (+ other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print two matched patterns only from each line?

My input looks like this. # Lot Of CODE Before AppType_somethinglese=$(cat << EOF AppType_test1='test-tool/blatest-tool-ear' AppType_test2='test/blabla-ear' # Lot Of CODE After I want to print text betwen 1) _ and = and 2)/ and ' from each line and exclude lines with "EOF". Output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
2 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)