Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Troubleshooting printing through Cups Post 302801081 by Rockyc3400 on Wednesday 1st of May 2013 09:53:56 AM
Old 05-01-2013
Hi Murphy.

There was nothing changed. All of a sudden all printers stopped working.
Even tried to clear the queue but still were unable to print...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Landscape printing broken in CUPS?

Hello, I am using version: cups-config --version - 1.2.4 However, when i use the -o land or -o landscape command it doesn't print in Landscape. I have the same problem on another server. (Both running CENTOS). Does landscape printing work in CUPS? Is there a fix? Thanks in an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
0 Replies

2. Slackware

CUPS setup / dev/lp0 perms. ... Slow printing.

Hello, Ive got an HP LaserJet 2100 / parallel interface. I had some troubles getting going due to non-working cups drivers. Updated cups and also used a .ppd.gz file from something HP provided. found the files here... www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_2100 Anyways.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
1 Replies

3. SCO

Printing as a CUPS client, only root can print!

Hi, i'm running Openserver 5.0.7 as a CUPS client for a Linux server. The root user can issue a "lpstat -t" to see the printers and can submit jobs without issues. The problem presents when I try to work as a regular user. If I issue an "lpstat -t" all I get after a few seconds is "lpstat:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyruspy
1 Replies

4. AIX

Remote printing to Linux CUPS queue

Hello all. I am setting up a queue under AIX 4.2.1 to print to a remote Linux CUPS queue. At present I can print to the queue remotely from Windows but not AIX. What I am seeing is lpstat reads the state of the remote queue but at job submission time I am getting backend exit fatal errors. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgx
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CUPS printing and control escape codes

I ported application from SysV to Linux and run into troubles with printing. Application uses lp and HP JetDirect-based printers, it inserts HP control codes in the file and uses plain lp -d dest doc-file command to print it. The Linux (Ubuntu 8) has CUPS system, which I am not familiar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Slow printing to network printers using CUPS

Hi Guys, I've inherited a mess of an infrastructure in my new job, there hasn't been a sys admin in post for about a year, so things are falling apart. The first thing to break after I started was the printer server. I have it working again, and people can print, however it's very slow, slower... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudigarude
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

cups printing error

Hi All, Having searched for a solution to this issue i found no suggestions which help my particular problem. I am getting the following error message on 1 of the 3 printers i have configured: recoverable: Network host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds All 3 printers are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
0 Replies
enable(1)							   User Commands							 enable(1)

NAME
enable, disable - enable/disable LP printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/enable printer... /usr/bin/disable [-c | -W] [ -r [reason]] printer... DESCRIPTION
The enable command activates printers, enabling them to print requests submitted by the lp command. enable must be run on the printer server. The disable command deactivates printers, disabling them from printing requests submitted by the lp command. By default, any requests that are currently printing on printer will be reprinted in their entirety either on printer or another member of the same class of printers. The disable command must be run on the print server. Use lpstat -p to check the status of printers. enable and disable only effect queueing on the print server's spooling system. Executing these commands from a client system will have no effect on the server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for use with disable: -c Cancels any requests that are currently printing on printer. This option cannot be used with the -W option. If the printer is remote, the -c option will be silently ignored. -W Waits until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote, the -W option will be silently ignored. -r [reason] Assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s). This reason applies to all printers specified. This reason is reported by lpstat -p. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. The default reason is "unknown reason" for the existing printer, and "new printer" for a printer added to the system but not yet enabled. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported for both enable and disable: printer The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled. Specify printer using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 enable(1)