Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators "UNIX.com is not a free scriptwriting service" Post 302801059 by Yoda on Wednesday 1st of May 2013 09:02:37 AM
Old 05-01-2013
hanson44, I noticed you are so against "spoon-feeding" and even suggested adding a rule.

But how do you explain this thread !! Smilie

I see vgersh99 requested OP to post his/her thoughts or efforts and details regarding where he/she is stuck. But you literally "spoon-fed" OP without even waiting for his/her response!

I'm just saying... Smilie
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

"service" , "process" and " daemon" ?

Friends , Anybody plz tell me what is the basic difference between "service" , "process" and " daemon" ? Waiting for kind reply .. .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
XML::Easy::Content(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   XML::Easy::Content(3pm)

NAME
XML::Easy::Content - abstract form of XML content SYNOPSIS
use XML::Easy::Content; $content = XML::Easy::Content->new([ "foo", $subelement, "bar", ]); $twine = $content->twine; DESCRIPTION
An object of this class represents a chunk of XML content, the kind of matter that can be contained within an XML element. This is in an abstract form, intended for general manipulation. It is completely isolated from the textual representation of XML, and holds only the meaningful content of the chunk. The data in a content object cannot be modified: different data requires the creation of a new object. An XML content chunk consists of a sequence of zero or more characters and XML elements, interspersed in any fashion. Character content can use almost all Unicode characters, with only a few characters (such as most of the ASCII control characters) prohibited by the specification from being directly represented in XML. Each XML element in a content chunk itself recursively contains a chunk of content, in addition to having attached metadata. This class is not meant to be subclassed. XML content is unextendable, dumb data. Content objects are better processed using the functions in XML::Easy::NodeBasics than using the methods of this class. CONSTRUCTOR
XML::Easy::Content->new(TWINE) Constructs and returns a new content chunk object with the specified content. TWINE must be a reference to an array listing the chunk's content in twine form (see "Twine" in XML::Easy::NodeBasics). The content is checked for validity, against the XML 1.0 specification, and the function "die"s if it is invalid. METHODS
$content->twine Returns a reference to an array listing the chunk's content in twine form (see "Twine" in XML::Easy::NodeBasics). The returned array must not be subsequently modified. If possible, it will be marked as read-only in order to prevent modification. $content->content Deprecated alias for the "twine" method. SEE ALSO
XML::Easy::Element, XML::Easy::NodeBasics AUTHOR
Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008, 2009 PhotoBox Ltd Copyright (C) 2009, 2010, 2011 Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 XML::Easy::Content(3pm)