Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Connecting system to Virtual HMC Post 302800913 by dukessd on Tuesday 30th of April 2013 07:48:41 PM
Old 04-30-2013
Sorry mate but if you don't have a real HMC then you don't have a licence to run the code.
End of post.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh script for connecting unix system.

Hi All, I've a log file call netbackup.log in all the 5 servers in location usr/netbackup.log. I dont want to login in each server and check the log file. So i wanted to have a script written to have the log information at one place. I want to have the last 2 lines from the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
2 Replies

2. AIX

Virtual Ethernet VIO HMC LPARs

Hi, I am little confused about the virtual Ethernet configuration on VIO and Client Partitions. There is alot of info on the internet but it gets more confusing.... If I have LHEA, it is very simple. Just assign LHEA (logical host ethernet adapter) to client partition -> run smitty tcpip and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

translation of ' in system () or connecting strings

Hello, I have a problem with the translation of the following command. In Shell the radiance-command work like that: gensurf seitenwand rollerblind1 '-0.95*s' '0.046' '2.85-'$1'*t' 1 1 But I don't know how to deal with this command in system(). I tried this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to exit system console from HMC?

Hi, I ssh to HMC, then vtmenu, then start a system console from there. How do I exit the console to return to HMC prompt? I've tried the following two key combinations but none of them is working: (1) ~~ (2) Ctrl+[, Shift+( Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

5. Programming

gfortran not connecting to system libraries

Hi ! I have one program made of several sub programs which I am trying to compile with gfortran on Fedora 14 in my system. The program was originally written in Fortran 77 and compilation command used to be - fort77 -O2 -f -w -o life life_com.f lifetime.f minuit.f tek_life.f utilities.f... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cylab123
0 Replies

6. AIX

HMC updates managed system firmware on both T and P sides ?

Hi, I'm planning to update managed system firmware to new release using HMC. This is cite from IBM documentation describing HMC managed system updates: What I know we install new firmware to T side and in case some problems we boot P side and reject new fw on T. So if HMC updates both T and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

VFS (virtual file system)

hlow all, i want to know how we do insert big file in VFS and how we do to call that file again can anyone explain about that thx before (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Major and Minor number of Virtual File System

Hi friends, Please let me know if there is any way to find out Major and Minor numbers of virtual file system like below: /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs 0K 0K 0K 0% /system/contract proc 0K 0K ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitj
8 Replies

9. AIX

System p 9115-505: Server and HMC unreachable

Hi there I've bought a used System p 9115-505. When I attach the LAN cable to my router the HMC receives an IP address from my router, but the HMC is unreachable. There are no open ports. Does anybody know that problem? Any help greatly appreciated. Greetings from Italy! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mediaset23
2 Replies
Class::Virtual(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Class::Virtual(3pm)

NAME
Class::Virtual - Base class for virtual base classes. SYNOPSIS
package My::Virtual::Idaho; use base qw(Class::Virtual); __PACKAGE__->virtual_methods(qw(new foo bar this that)); package My::Private::Idaho; use base qw(My::Virtual::Idaho); # Check to make sure My::Private::Idaho implemented everything my @missing = __PACKAGE__->missing_methods; die __PACKAGE__ . ' forgot to implement ' . join ', ', @missing if @missing; # If My::Private::Idaho forgot to implement new(), the program will # halt and yell about that. my $idaho = My::Private::Idaho->new; # See what methods we're obligated to implement. my @must_implement = __PACKAGE__->virtual_methods; DESCRIPTION
This is a base class for implementing virtual base classes (what some people call an abstract class). Kinda kooky. It allows you to explicitly declare what methods are virtual and that must be implemented by subclasses. This might seem silly, since your program will halt and catch fire when an unimplemented virtual method is hit anyway, but there's some benefits. The error message is more informative. Instead of the usual "Can't locate object method" error, you'll get one explaining that a virtual method was left unimplemented. Subclass authors can explicitly check to make sure they've implemented all the necessary virtual methods. When used as part of a regression test, it will shield against the virtual method requirements changing out from under the subclass. Finally, subclass authors can get an explicit list of everything they're expected to implement. Doesn't hurt and it doesn't slow you down. Methods virtual_methods Virtual::Class->virtual_methods(@virtual_methods); my @must_implement = Sub::Class->virtual_methods; This is an accessor to the list of virtual_methods. Virtual base classes will declare their list of virtual methods. Subclasses will look at them. Once the virtual methods are set they cannot be undone. missing_methods my @missing_methods = Sub::Class->missing_methods; Returns a list of methods Sub::Class has not yet implemented. CAVEATS and BUGS Autoloaded methods are currently not recognized. I have no idea how to solve this. AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> LEGAL
Copyright 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004 Michael G Schwern This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> SEE ALSO
Class::Virtually::Abstract perl v5.10.1 2007-10-23 Class::Virtual(3pm)