Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Launching Nautilus with a set of files ?? Post 302800911 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 30th of April 2013 07:33:41 PM
Old 04-30-2013
Yes, Nautilus is capable of showing a subset of files in a particular directory. Use globbing syntax instead of regex syntax.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cyrillic in Nautilus

Well. Again. I have followed all the instructions in the Russian localization HOWTO and I am able to type in Russian and read it correctly in most programs such as Firefox, email and so on. However in the Nautilus file viewer, I get only ________ marks. I've seen some packages for Russian... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Levenson
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a command on multiple selected files in nautilus script

I am trying to make a script to convert drg files to wav and so far i have this #!/bin/bash drg2sbg "$*" -o "$*".sbg sbagen -Wo "/home/nick/Desktop/I-Doser Wave Files/"$*"" "$*".sbg rm "$*".sbg cd "/home/nick/Desktop/I-Doser Wave Files" rename 's/\.drg$/\.wav/' *.drg exit the drg2sbg and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nickbowlingdude
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Large Problem with nautilus

Hi, I am a torrent-maniak and I use Transmission. All things were good but Nautilus begun to show problem while I was runnning Transmission.Its situation was becoming worse and worse. Now, when I boot I can hardly open a nautilus window and browse my files.It will "stack" in seconds for sure! I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Nautilus..launcher!!

Ha!! i am on ubuntu 11.04..i was customizing it the other day!!(applying themes,icons,conky and the likes..)..now i realize that the the "Create launcher..." option you get when you right click on the desktop doesn't create a new launcher!! :(...i checked the global menu under file..only to realize... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slotlocker
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding compound words from a set of files from another set of files

Hi All, I am completely stuck here. I have a set of files (with names A.txt, B.txt until L.txt) which contain words like these: computer random access memory computer networking mouse terminal windows All the files from A.txt to L.txt have the same format i.e. complete words in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

nautilus is not remembering settings

nautilus is not remembering my settings. I have done everything I can think of to get this to work. I have deleted .gconf, .gconfd, and .gnome2. I tried to start over fresh and that did not work either. What else can I do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies

8. Linux

nautilus set as default filemanager howto

A quick howto on how to set nautilus as your default filemanager. Add this line to the file below. This is for user settings inode/directory=nautilus.desktop vi ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list This is for global settings. ls /usr/share/applications | grep nautilus Check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nautilus Issue

Good Morning, I have a file in the /.nautilus/thumbnails folder that I am unable to move between two NASs. My script copies it from the Sun machine to a NAS, but the name gets truncated to about 8 characters. The full filename on the Sun SPARC machine is strange:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
1 Replies
nautilus-file-management-properties(1)				   User Commands			    nautilus-file-management-properties(1)

NAME
nautilus-file-management-properties - edit file manager options SYNOPSIS
nautilus-file-management-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
nautilus-file-management-properties invokes the GUI that changes the preferences associated with the desktop file manager. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Invoking the File Manager Properties Dialog example% nautilus-file-management-properties ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/nautilus-file-mExecutableptopeditefile manager options ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-file-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. nautilus(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 nautilus-file-management-properties(1)