Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to give root access to non root user? Post 302800513 by adisky123 on Tuesday 30th of April 2013 03:25:23 AM
Old 04-30-2013
How to give root access to non root user?

Currently in my system Red Hat is installed. And Many user connect to my machine via SSH Techia Terminal.
I want to give some users a root level access.
Can anyone please help me how to make it possible. I too searched on the Google but didn't find the correct way

Regards
ADI

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to access root priveliges if root password is lost

wish to know how to access root password it root password is forgotten in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

user commands without root access

Hi I have been asked to find out how to 1) create users 2) reset passwords 3) kill processes that may require root privileges without having root password, sudo rights or rights to passwd command Any ideas? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emealogistics
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to give an ordinary user the superuser (root) ID which is 0

How to give an ordinary user the superuser (root) ID which is 0 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharaola
9 Replies

4. Solaris

I can not access root user through LAN

Dear i have installed Solaris 10 on SUN V240 after installation i can not access system through root user if i access system through any other user it conects but root is not connecting through LAN if i connect through SC and then access root though cosole -f command it also works kindly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan225
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

access user history as root

Hi, I need to access a user's command history. However, the dilemma is that he is logged in and so his current history is not yet flushed to .bash_history file which gets flushed when he logs out. Is there a way I can still access his most recent history? thank you, S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

7. SuSE

Auditors want more security with root to root access via ssh keys

I access over 100 SUSE SLES servers as root from my admin server, via ssh sessions using ssh keys, so I don't have to enter a password. My SUSE Admin server is setup in the following manner: 1) Remote root access is turned off in the sshd_config file. 2) I am the only user of this admin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvbell
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One user to su to another without allowing root access and password

Hello Gurus, I want One user to su to another without allowing root access and password. I want to run a specific command as below from user am663: --------------------------------------------------------- sudo -u appsprj4 /home/appsrj4/scripts/start_apache.sh ------------------- But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudo access of rm to non-root user

Hello, It is Solaris-10. There is a file as /opt/vpp/dom1.2/pdd/today_23. It is always generated by root, so owned by root only. This file has to be deleted as part of application restart always and that is done by app_user and SA is always involved to do rm on that file. Is it possible to give... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Non root user access to /dev/mem

Hi All, I have to install an application which needs access to system BIOS information. The application needs to be installed by non root user. How would i grant read privileges of /dev/mem file to the non root user so that it can capture system BIOS information while running the application?... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soumyadip Dutta
13 Replies
UP2DATE(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.							UP2DATE(8)

NAME
rhnsd - a program for quering the Red Hat Network for updates and information SYNOPSIS
rhnsd [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
rhnsd is a daemon process that runs in the background and periodically polls the Red Hat Network to see if there are any queued actions available. If any are queued, it runs them. rhnsd is typically started from the init scripts in /etc/init.d/rhnsd when it's time to poll the Red Hat Network servers for available updates and actions. The default interval is every 120 minutes. The minimum polling interval is 60 minutes. To check for updates, rhnsd runs an external program called rhn_check. This is a small application that actually makes the network connec- tion to Red Hat Networks. The rhnsd daemon does not listen on any network ports, nor does it ever talk to the network directly. Any network activity is done via the rhn_check utility. rhnsd can be configure by editing the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd config file. This is actually the configuration file the rhnsd init script /etc/init.d/rhnsd uses. -i, --interval Specify the interval that rhnsd should wait between checking the Red Hat Network. Default is 120 minutes, the minimum is 60 minutes. This can also be specified in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd -v, --verbose output more information about what rhnsd is doing. -f, --foreground force the rhnds process to run in the foreground instead of automatically backgrounding itself, as it does by default. FILES /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd Configuration settings for the rhnsd daemons init script. /usr/sbin/rhn_check The external program launched by rhnsd to connect to the Red Hat Network and retrieve any actions that have queued up. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid A certification that authenticates the client machine to the Red Hat Network. Generated via the up2date or rhnreg_ks utility. SEE ALSO
The rhnsd daemon is tightly coupled with Red Hat Network. Visit <http://www.redhat.com/network> for access or to sign up. rhn_check(8), up2date(8), up2date-config(8), AUTHORS
Written by Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> and Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999, 2000 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Fri Feb 9 2001 UP2DATE(8)