Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators "UNIX.com is not a free scriptwriting service" Post 302800505 by wisecracker on Tuesday 30th of April 2013 03:07:42 AM
Old 04-30-2013
Hi hanson44...

I am one for giving what limited knowledge I have away...

The AudioScope project on this site is but one...

When I first started I was half expecting the Moderators to lock it as the rules did not
explain that you could develop a project like an app' on say SourceForge...
Gladly they are letting it run and from the thread one can see the progression.

I am an amateur coder and code in its simplest form for youngsters to understand...
I don't expect the members to give me any information without researching first.
The answer to my questions via the WWW has often brought me here sometimes
with results sometimes not.

I really don't understand that some of the questions, from so-called professionals,
I could work out, and, I can only do it in my own time...

My motto is: Do it longhand first with the most childish of coding to get a working
model, then once working, improve upon it or create a new super-model...

But then, I code to work, not, work to code...

CYA...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

"service" , "process" and " daemon" ?

Friends , Anybody plz tell me what is the basic difference between "service" , "process" and " daemon" ? Waiting for kind reply .. .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
XML::Easy::Transform(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 XML::Easy::Transform(3pm)

NAME
XML::Easy::Tranform - XML processing with a clean interface DESCRIPTION
The "XML::Easy::Transform::" namespace exists to contain modules that perform transformations on XML documents, or parts thereof, in the form of XML::Easy::Element and XML::Easy::Content nodes. XML::Easy is a collection of modules relating to the processing of XML data. It includes functions to parse and serialise the standard textual form of XML. When XML data is not in text form, XML::Easy processes it in an abstract syntax-neutral form, as a collection of linked Perl objects. This in-program data format shields XML users from the infelicities of XML syntax. Modules under the "XML::Easy::Transform::" namespace operate on XML data in this abstract structured form, not on textual XML. A transformation on XML data should normally be presented in the form of a function, which takes an XML::Easy::Element node as its main parameter, and returns an XML::Easy::Element node (or "die"s on error). The input node and output node each represent the root element of the XML document (or fragment thereof) being transformed. These nodes, of course, contain subordinate nodes, according to the structure of the XML data. A reference to the top node is all that is required to effectively pass the whole document. OTHER DISTRIBUTIONS
CPAN distributions under this namespace are: XML::Easy::Transform::RationalizeNamespacePrefixes Manages XML Namespaces by hoisting all namespace declarations to the root of a document. SEE ALSO
XML::Easy AUTHOR
Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009, 2010, 2011 Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 XML::Easy::Transform(3pm)