Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Encoding of a text issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Encoding of a text issue Post 302800119 by Shaishav Shah on Monday 29th of April 2013 03:13:53 AM
Old 04-29-2013
Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as :

Code:
TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}][:;"<>?/.'|\`~@email.com,10021/1.0.0.112,واندلعت بعد ذلك انه فξέσπασ他嚼口香糖强maĉa犠牲者6号でしたuvalหัวใจของเขาโขลก večilnin  6 a tSeinרייסט אַראָפּ איןईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447

But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as :

Code:
TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02  10:10:10.612447,137277,ई-ल-害...是第žvečilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}][:;"<& gt;?/.'|\`~@email.com,10021/1.0.0.112,واندلعت بعد  ذلك انه فξ*σπασ-嚼口香-强maĉa 牲...6号で-たŽuvalหัวใจข*งเขาโขลก žvečilnin ° 6 a  étéSeinרייסט אַראָפּ איןई-ल-害...是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447

How can i see the file in it's original form in unix systems as well ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

encoding

Hi, I'm using putty and when I try to write it writes | (or when I try to write , it writes i) I tried to change settings/translation of putty but with no success I have KSH # locale LANG= LC_CTYPE="C" LC_NUMERIC="C" LC_TIME="C" LC_COLLATE="C" LC_MONETARY="C" LC_MESSAGES="C"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed text replacement issue.

Hi, Im trying to find and replace text within a unix file using sed. The command that i have been using is sed '/,null,/ s//, ,/g' result.txt>result.tmp for replacing ",null," with ", ,". But this only replaces the first occurrance of ,null, in every line. I want to do it globally. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sohaibs
7 Replies

3. AIX

get the file encoding

Hello! The system is AIX 5.3 Give please command or script to get the file encoding (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinment
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formating issue

Hi, I am trying to format the output of my script in a tabular format using the html code in my shell script. I am using html code for the first time in a shell script.I am trying to execute this script in Ksh but it is not getting executed. Can you please help me in figuring this out.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacsam
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encoding Type

Hi, Where can I find the encoding type in a unix server ? Thanks in advance !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"vi" text editor character encoding?

Hi! I've got a shell account on a FreeBSD machine. It doesn't have 'vim' installed, but only the original 'vi' text editor ("Version 1.79 (10/23/96) The CSRG, University of California, Berkeley.") So, in PuTTY I've chosen "UTF-8 translation" to have my non-english characters appear correctly.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gew
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the file encoding and updating the file encoding?

Hi, I am beginner to Unix. My requirement is to validate the encoding used in the incoming file(csv,txt).If it is encoded with UTF-8 format,then the file should remain as such otherwise i need to chnage the encoding to UTF-8. Please advice me how to proceed on this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with selecting the text in gvim

Hi, I wanted to select the text in gvim using mouse for coping. some times it works fine and full text will be selected and copied to clipboard if it is like shown in first fig. Paste of the copied text can be done by clicking the middle mouse button. But some times the text will be selected as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
2 Replies

9. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
XmScrollVisible(library call)											     XmScrollVisible(library call)

NAME
XmScrollVisible -- A ScrolledWindow function that makes an invisible descendant of a ScrolledWindow work area visible SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/ScrolledW.h> void XmScrollVisible( Widget scrollw_widget, Widget widget, Dimension left_right_margin, Dimension top_bottom_margin); DESCRIPTION
XmScrollVisible makes an obscured or partially obscured widget or gadget descendant of a ScrolledWindow work area visible. The function re- positions the work area and sets the specified margins between the widget and the nearest viewport boundary. The widget's location relative to the viewport determines whether one or both of the margins must be adjusted. This function requires that the XmNscrollingPolicy of the ScrolledWindow widget be set to XmAUTOMATIC. scrollw_widget Specifies the ID of the ScrolledWindow widget whose work area window contains an obscured descendant. widget Specifies the ID of the widget to be made visible. left_right_margin Specifies the margin to establish between the left or right edge of the widget and the associated edge of the viewport. This margin is established only if the widget must be moved horizontally to make it visible. top_bottom_margin Specifies the margin to establish between the top or bottom edge of the widget and the associated edge of the viewport. This margin is established only if the widget must be moved vertically to make it visible. For a complete definition of ScrolledWindow and its associated resources, see XmScrolledWindow(3) RELATED
XmScrolledWindow(3). XmScrollVisible(library call)