Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sed, awk or perl to remove substring of all lines except the first Post 302800023 by hanson44 on Sunday 28th of April 2013 05:53:55 PM
Old 04-28-2013
It's unclear to me what output you want, and no point in guessing. Smilie

Also, please use code tags. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk to remove specific lines

I have searched the forum for this - forgive me if I missed a previous post. I have the following file: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah alter table "informix".esc_acct add constraint (foreign key (fi_id) references "informix".fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove lines before and after with awk / sed ?

Hi guys, I need to remove the pattern (ID=180), one line before and four lines after. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashimada
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl or awk remove empty lines when condition

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 a b b cc 1 2 3 3 3 4 55 5 a b (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove spaces using awk,sed,perl?

Input: 3456 565 656 878 235 8 4 8787 3 7 35 878 Expected output: 3456 565 656 878 235 8 4 8787 3 7 35 878 How can i do this with awk,sed and perl? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to remove duplicate lines with perl,sed,awk

Input: hello hello hello hello monkey donkey hello hello drink dance drink Output should be: hello hello monkey donkey drink dance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove last 4 characters with non-unique pattern.

Hi, I'm writing a ksh script and trying to use an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove the last 4 characters of a line in a file if it begins with a period. Here is the contents of the file... the column in which I want to remove the last 4 characters is the last column. ($6 in awk). I've... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process alternate lines in awk/sed/perl

hi.. i have a fasta file with the following format >sequence1 CCGGTTTTCGATTTGGTTTGACT >sequence2 AAAGTGCCGCCAGGTTTTGAGTGT >sequence3 AGTGCCGCAGAGTTTGTAGTGT Now, i want to read alternate line and add "GGGGGGGGGGG" to end of every sequence Desired output: >sequence1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk/perl substitution with multiple lines

OSX I have been grinding my teeth on a portion of code. I am building a bash script that edits a html email template. In the template, I have place holders for SED (or whatever program is appropriate) to use as anchors for find and replace, with user defined corresponding html code. The HTML code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines matching a substring in a specific column

Dear group, I have following input text file: Brit 2016 11 18 12 00 10 1.485,00 EUR Brit 2016 11 18 12 00 10 142,64 EUR Brit 2016 11 18 12 00 10 19,80 EUR Brit 2016 11 18 12 00 10 545,00 EUR Brit 2016 11 18 12 00 10 6.450,00 EUR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhsd
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
       lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags

SYNOPSIS
       lintian-info [log-file...]

lintian-info --tags tag ...

DESCRIPTION
       The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses
       a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag
       or tags.

If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped
       through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command.  (Note, though, that the lintian command has a
       command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this
       command.)

OPTIONS
       -a, --annotate
	   Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override
	   entries.  For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag.

-h, --help
	   Display usage information and exit.

--profile prof
	   Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags.  If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default
	   profile for than vendor is chosen.

If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor.

Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles.

-t, --tags
	   Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag.

EXIT STATUS
       If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1.  Otherwise, it always
       returns with exit code 0.

SEE ALSO
       lintian(1)

AUTHORS
       Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl>

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de>

perl v5.14.2							    2013-02-16							   LINTIAN-INFO(1)