Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting The Start Of A Simple Audio Scope Shell Script... Post 302800017 by wisecracker on Sunday 28th of April 2013 05:08:12 PM
Old 04-28-2013
Well, back again after a holiday...

Found 2 bugs and 1 programming error, yup there are bugs... ;oO
The bugs are esoteric but the error is stupidity on my part... ;oD

I suspect none have been found by yourselves who are trying this out however...

Removed the bash RANDOM call and used /dev/urandom instead. It is _infinitely_ quicker for the DEMO capture mode...

The first of the _internal_sync_ routines done.
Help file updated, etc, etc...

From Command mode:-

TRIG<CR>
SYNCEQ<CR>
Caps shift u or caps shift d to decide a sync point from 15 to 240. Then <CR>...
This starts the display from the value set.
Do all this again and the trace will start from another point with the value chosen...
If the value is not found then the trace runs from the start of the waveform.raw file at the FASTEST timebase speed...

Working on neagtive going SYNCLT and positive going SYNCGT ATM...

The code has now had extensive testing on an ACER Aspire One netbook using PCLinuxOS 2009 in DEMO and DSP modes also...

Before running delete your existing /default/full/path/to/AudioScope.config file so that the
changes can take place correctly... Also manually change the zero_offset value to give a centre straight line with 0 input voltage. It is now -2 on my Macbook Pro machine...

Feedback would be welcome, TIA...

Enjoy...

Bazza...

Last edited by wisecracker; 07-14-2013 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Code now an attachment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with shell variable's scope

Hi, I am stuck while developing a shell sub-routine which checks the log file for "success" or "failure". The subroutine reads the log file and checks for key word "success", if found it set the variable (found=1). It returns success or failure based on this variable. My problem is, I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scope of a Variable inside shell script

hi all, i'm using the following script, Status=1 Function_do () { while read line; do if ; then #echo $line if ; then Status=0 echo " LINKINK ERROR " fi fi done < ldd.log } Function_do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with stop/start Shell Script.

Hi All, I would like to develop a shell script for stop & start an application server (1-4) on Solaris box. Here are the user requirements for this task. 1. User will input the option which server they wish to stop. 2. Will clear cache files from specific location. 3. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venga
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Scope of Shell Programming and scripting

Hi all, I want to know what is the scope and job status of shell Programming and scripting. Does it have any attractive jobs? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each certificate and send the mail to the user. The user takes action to add the new certificate to the storage file and user owns the responsibility to update the input text file with the new certificate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casmo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to start shell script

Hi, Pleasse could someone advise why i'm getting this error below - No such file or directory dev6:$ ls -ltr ReleaseManagement.sh -rwxr-xr-x 1 dev fix 4830 Aug 22 11:13 ReleaseManagement.sh dev6:$ ./ReleaseManagement.sh : No such file or directory dev6:$ thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 10000 unique audio file of 2MB each using shell script.

Hi, I want 10000+ unique Audio file of approx 2MB each. How can i generate numerous audio files using shell script. Any tool, command or suggestions are welcome. If i give one audio seed file then can we create numerous unique files with same seed file? Any help is highly appreciable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushil.kumar
11 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

A simple variable frequency sinewave audio generator.

Hi all... Well I have not been inactive but working out how to make OSX 10.14.x command line audio player have a variable sample rate. This is a back door as afplay does not have a sample rate flag unlike aplay for ALSA, in Linux flavours. This is a DEMO only but a derivative of it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
ATMSIGD(8)						       Maintenance Commands							ATMSIGD(8)

NAME
atmsigd - ATM signaling demon SYNOPSIS
atmsigd [-b] [-c config_file] [-d] [-D dump_dir] [-l logfile] [-m mode] [-n] [-q qos] [-t trace_length] [-u uni_version] [[itf.]vpi.vci [input output]] atmsigd -V DESCRIPTION
atmsigd implements the ATM UNI signaling protocol. Requests to establish, accept, or close ATM SVCs are sent from the kernel (using a com- parably simple protocol) to the signaling demon, which then performs the dialog with the network. Note that atmsigd is not able to accept or establish connections until the local ATM address of the interface is configured by ilmid or manually using atmaddr. The default signaling VC (interface 0, VPI 0, VCI 5) can be overridden on the command line by specifying a different PVC address. When overriding the default VC, optionally a pair of named pipes to use for communicating with the user of signaling can be specified. Nor- mally, the kernel is the user of signaling and atmsigd opens a special socket for communication with it. If atmsigd is killed, all system calls requiring interaction with it will return with an error and set errno to EUNATCH. OPTIONS
-b Run in background (i.e. in a forked child process) after initializing. -c config_file Use the specified configuration file instead of /etc/atmsigd.conf If an option is specified in the configuration file and on the command line, the command line has priority. -d Enables (lots of) debugging output. By default, atmsigd is comparably quiet. -D dump_dir Specifies the directory to which atmsigd will write status and trace dumps. If -D is not specified, dumps are written to /var/tmp. -l logfile Write diagnostic messages to the specified file. The special name syslog is used to send diagnostics to the system logger, stderr is used to send diagnostics to standard error. If -l is absent, the setting in atmsigd.conf is used. If atmsigd doesn't specify a des- tination either, messages are written to standard error. -m mode Set the mode of operation. The following modes are available: user for the user side (the default), network for the network side (useful if you have two PCs but no switch), and switch for operation with a signaling relay in a switch. -n Prints addresses in numeric format only, i.e. no address to name translation is attempted. -q qos Configures the signaling VC to use the specified quality of service (see qos(7) for the syntax). By default, UBR at link speed is used on the signaling VC. -t trace_length Sets the number of entries that should be kept in the trace buffer. -t 0 disables tracing. If -t is not specified, atmsigd uses a default of 20 trace entries. -u uni_version Sets the signaling mode. The following modes are supported: uni30 for UNI 3.0, uni31 for UNI 3.1, uni31+uni30 for UNI 3.1 with 3.0 compatibility, uni40 for UNI 4.0, and uni40+q.2963.1 for UNI 4.0 with Q.2963.1 peak cell rate renegotiation. -V Prints the version number of atmsigd on standard output and exits. FILES
/etc/atmsigd.conf default configuration file /var/tmp/atmsigd.pid.status.version default location of status dumps /var/tmp/atmsigd.pid.trace.version default location of signaling trace dumps DEBUGGING
When receiving a SIGUSR1 signal, atmsigd dumps the list of all internal socket descriptors. With SIGUSR2, it dumps the contents of the trace buffer. If a dump directory was set, dumps are written to files called atmsigd.pid.status.number and atmsigd.pid.trace.number, respectively, with number starting at zero and being incremented for every dump. If no dump directory is set, dumps are written to standard error. Dumps are also generated whenever atmsigd detects a fatal error and terminates. No attempt is made to catch signals like SIGSEGV. BUGS
The generation of traces is a comparably slow process which may already take several seconds for only 100 trace entries. To generate a trace dump, atmsigd therefore forks a child process that runs in parallel to the signaling demon. AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger, EPFL ICA <Werner.Almesberger@epfl.ch> SEE ALSO
atmaddr(8), atmsigd.conf(4), ilmid(8), qos(7) Linux April 26, 2000 ATMSIGD(8)