Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple renaming question
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Simple renaming question Post 302799815 by pasc on Saturday 27th of April 2013 06:36:19 PM
Old 04-27-2013
I would prefer it without sed... except perhaps if I could use a simple "sed.exe" that reqires no installation or something.

However feel free to post a sed approach.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple batch renaming...45-*.php to 46-*.php

in Bash i'm trying to rename directories full of files. the file name pretty much stays the same except for the numerical prefix which will be the same for all files. so, i want to rename these... 45-body.php 45-header.php 45-footer.php etc. to... 46-body.php 46-header.php... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcamp1973
2 Replies

3. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about SED cutting and renaming

Hi. I've posted a couple of questions on my little project before, and it's been helpful, but things just keep changing on my end. Allow me to explain. I'm getting hundreds of .txt files, each containing the results of a database search from a newspaper. EAch file contains the news stories... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: spindoctor
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Question

Hi Guys, I've been learning UNIX for the past couple of days and I came across this exercise, I can't get my head around it, so I would be ever so grateful if I could receive some sort of help or direction with this. Create a file with x amount of lines in it, the content of your choice. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aforball
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple renaming task?

Hi guys, could someone tell me how i could create a label like this: mybox01, mybox04, mybox12, mybox10 when i have the values "mybox1", "mybox4","mybox12","mybox10" as a prefix and a number. If the number is below 10 then add a zero before the number? A one liner? A long approach is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple renaming

Hi Having many filenames in a folder containing the string "-DATE" (e.g. : Nbr_Name-DATE_2011.txt). I would like to remove the "-DATE" in each filename to get just: Nbr_Name_2011.txt . Know its easy but somehow it wont work. Tried it like that: for i in `ls *-DATE*`; do mv "$i"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurgen
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very simple question

Hi, guys, I'm a new comer here. I'm studying Unix Shell and I met a problem confusing me a lot. Here it is : script 1: #!/bin/sh # scriptname : do_increment increment(){ sum=`expr $1 + 1` return $sum # Return the value of sum to the script. } echo -n "The sum is " increment $1 # Call... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very simple question 2

Hey , another question is below: Administrator@fe038390aa60482 ~/Frank/20130509 $ c=`ls -ls` Administrator@fe038390aa60482 ~/Frank/20130509 $ echo $c Total 4 1 -rwxr--r-- 1 Administrator None 482 May 9 11:07 do_increment 1 -rwxr --r-- 1 Administrator None 272 May 9 11:32 do_square 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies
CH_LAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 CH_LAB(1)

NAME
ch_lab -- change/copy label files SYNOPSIS
ch_lab [-S frame spacing] [-start time] [-end time] [-ext file extension] [-extract file] [-extend time] [-f sample frequency] [-lf sample frequency] [-itype file type] [-key key file] [-lablist list of labels] [-length time] [-map map file] [-name feature name] [-class class] [-o output file] [-otype file type] [-pad high | low] [-pos list of labels] [-q timestep] [-range range] [-sed sed file] [fl shift time delta] [-style output stype] [-vocab vocab file] [-verify] [-nopath] [-base] [-combine] [-divide] [-h] input files ... DESCRIPTION
ch_lab copies from one or more input label files to an output label file, optionally performing various operations along the way. The following option flags are recognized: -h Print a summary of usage to standard output. -S frame spacing frame spacing of output -start time start time, in seconds, for label extraction -end time end time, in seconds, for label extraction -ext file extension filename extension to use for multiple output files -extract file extract a single file from a list of files -extend time extend track file by time seconds beyond label file -f sample frequency sample frequency of label file -lf sample frequency sample frequency for labels -itype file type type of input label file: esps htk ogi -key key file key label file -lablist list list of labels to be considered as blank -length time length of track produced, in seconds -map map file label mapping file -name feature name eg. Fo Phoneme -class class name of class defined in op file -o output file output file name -otype file type output file type: xmg, ascii, esps, htk -pad high | low pad with high or low values -pos list list of labels to be regarded as 'pos' -q timestep quantize label timings to nearst value -range range difference between high and low values -sed sed file perform regex editing using sed file fl shift time delta shift the times of the labels -style output style output style e.g. track -vocab file file containing list of words in vocabulary -verify check that only labels in vocab file are in label file -nopath ignore pathnames when searching label lists -base use base filenames for lists of label files -combine -divide SEE ALSO
ch_wave(1) ch_track(1) Edinburgh Speech Tools April 5, 2001 Edinburgh Speech Tools