Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Looping through arrays
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looping through arrays Post 302799779 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 27th of April 2013 02:43:25 PM
Old 04-27-2013
If so try:

Code:
cnt=0
while [ $cnt -lt ${#names[*]} ]
do
      echo "${names[$cnt]}
      cnt=$(( $cnt + 1 ))
done

This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping

Hi I have around 100 users in sun server and have default home directory in /usr/home/<username> I want to clean their home directory time to time to make free space on root, as users generate many output files during usage of application. My idea is, generate a file with following command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishir
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

for looping

I run into a issue when I try to do sorting of the following with ascending order, one round of for looping seems not working, anyone knows how to use shell or perl? $array = (5,0,3,2,7,9,8) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on looping using if/for or while

Hello, where can I get usefull information on the use of looping with for , if and while with extensive examples. Also use of variables in scripts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam4now
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with looping

vesselNames values: xxx yyy zzz vesselPlanned values: xxx zzz zzz zzz OIFS="" OIFS=$IFS IFS="\n" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
2 Replies

5. Web Development

PHP arrays in arrays

PHP question... I have an SQL query that's pulled back user IDs as a set of columns. Rather than IDs, I want to use their names. So I have an array of columns $col with values 1,7,3,12 etc and I've got an array $person with values "Fred", "Bert", "Tom" etc So what I want to do is display the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

6. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hi evryone i need a help . i have a file xcv.the content is : accelerate i want a script which will run 1000 times in loop and changing the value to accelerate to acceler in 1st loop and in 2nd loop it will be again accelerate and so on . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hey guys, so I am trying to do a loop script that will go through each folder (no gui so just each domain has a folder) and grab out the databases being used on that domain. I know I would use mysql -e "show databases where not 'information_schema';" once in each directory to pull the actual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dough
3 Replies

9. Programming

Looping through multiple arrays in C.

Not sure if this is possible, but I've tried this about a thousand ways now. I am making something with a lot of arrays. I thought I could put the array names into a separate array and then loop through them to call all of their elements. This is the best I've got so far: #include <stdio.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
4 Replies

10. Programming

Looping an array of 2d arrays in C

Le sigh... Hopefully this will be the last time I have to ask for help on this topic. For a while now I've been working with a 1d array that holds 2d arrays. For reference you can view here. Now I'm just trying to loop through the elements with the following: #include <stdio.h> void... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
3 Replies
scsi_setup_cdb(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_setup_cdb(9F)

NAME
scsi_setup_cdb - setup SCSI command descriptor block (CDB) SYNOPSIS
int scsi_setup_cdb(union scsi_cdb *cdbp, uchar_t cmd, uint_t addr, uint_t cnt, uint_t othr_cdb_data); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
cdbp Pointer to command descriptor block. cmd The first byte of the SCSI group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 CDB. addr Pointer to the location of the data. cnt Data transfer length in units defined by the SCSI device type. For sequential devices cnt is the number of bytes. For block devices, cnt is the number of blocks. othr_cdb_data Additional CDB data. DESCRIPTION
scsi_setup_cdb() function initializes a group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 type of command descriptor block pointed to by cdbp using cmd, addr, cnt, othr_cdb_data. addr should be set to 0 for commands having no addressing information (for example, group 0 READ command for sequential access devices). othr_cdb_data should be additional CDB data for Group 4 commands; otherwise, it should be set to 0. scsi_setup_cdb() function does not set the LUN bits in CDB[1] as the makecom(9F) functions do. Also, the fixed bit for sequential access device commands is not set. RETURN VALUES
scsi_setup_cdb() returns: 1 Upon success. 0 Upon failure. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from a user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
makecom(9F), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers American National Standard Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) American National Standard SCSI-3 Primary Commands (SPC) SunOS 5.10 23 Jun 1997 scsi_setup_cdb(9F)