Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system Post 302799521 by RAMA PULI on Friday 26th of April 2013 03:52:23 PM
Old 04-26-2013
Version 6

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

2. AIX

ZIP multiple files and also specify size of zip file

I have to zip many pdf files and the size of zip file must not exceed 200 MB. When size is more than 200 MB then multiple zip files needs to be created. How we can achieve this in UNIX? I have tried ZIP utility but it takes a lot of time when we add individual pdfs by looping through a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tom007
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip a file with .zip extension.

Hi, I need to zip a .dat file with .zip extension. I tried using the "zip" command. But shell says. "ksh: zip: not found" Currently I am using gunzip to zip and changing the extension ".gz" to ".zip" as follows. mv $file `echo $file | sed 's/\(.*\.\)gz/\1zip/'` But when I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroticman
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a multiple zip files

Hi, Please help me, i need a single line command for te below steps 1: listing a directory 2: searching a particular pattern in the names and creating the zip files of each eg : ls -lrt | grep jil | awk '{print $9}' output is kap.jil pranabjil pranabjil1 pranabjil2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranabrana
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip multiple files and copy to help

Hi All, I have a set of large files ~ 500_900Mb I have generated and I'd like to quickly zip and copy them to a new folder elsewhere ... Can anyone suggest a quicky ?? Cheers :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip multiple files recursively via UNIX

Hello, After searching, I didn't find any answer to execute my task. Her what I want to achieve on my MAC : Create a ZIP file (not tar.gz or other) from a file I want the ZIP created to have the name of the original file I want to do this on multiple files (314 exactly) So at the end the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anou
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wanted to replace string in an .xlsx file in multiple ZIP Files

Hi , I am having a ZIP file containing an .xlsx file . Now i wanted to replace "GJ" to blank in the .xlsx file . I tried using the below code but not working , Please guide : #!/bin/bash log="/home/srikant/scripts/replacescriptFHO.log" date > $log echo "" >> $log echo initiating for FHO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinmaster
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep a pattern from zip file which has multiple files insdie

Hi Gurus, I got a small requirement in my script to grep a specific pattern in a zip compressed file which has been created with multiple files. Sample File: 20180913.zip $> zipinfo -l 20180913.zip 20180913_file1 20180913_file2 20180913_file3 20180912_file4 20180912_file5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
1 Replies
PPI::Token::Number::Version(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    PPI::Token::Number::Version(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Number::Version - Token class for a byte-packed number SYNOPSIS
$n = 1.1.0; $n = 127.0.0.1; $n = 10_000.10_000.10_000; $n = v1.2.3.4 INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Number::Version isa PPI::Token::Number isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::Number::Version" class is used for tokens that have multiple decimal points. In truth, these aren't treated like numbers at all by Perl, but they look like numbers to a parser. METHODS
base Returns the base for the number: 256. literal Return the numeric value of this token. BUGS
- Does not handle leading minus sign correctly. Should translate to a DashedWord. See <http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=574573> -95.0.1.0 --> "-_00cA00" -96.0.1.0 --> Argument "`^A" isn't numeric in negation (-) SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 Chris Dolan. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Number::Version(3)