Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to cancel wget download after 1%? Post 302799381 by alister on Friday 26th of April 2013 11:52:31 AM
Old 04-26-2013
In case it's useful information to you, curl supports byte ranges, so you can tell it that you only want x number of bytes and that's it.

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using wget to download a file

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to use wget recursively to download a file. Only html files are being downloaded, instead of the target file. I'm trying this for the first time, here's what I've tried: wget -r -O jdk.bin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoughts
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

download a particular file using wget

Hi All I want to download srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux24_EM64T.tar.gz file from the following website : http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist/ But this website contains lots of zipped files I want to download the above file only discarding other zipped files. When I am trying the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

download file using wget

I need to download the following srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz file from the following website: http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist There are many gzip files along with the above one in the above site but I want to download the srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz only from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download to a file using wget in perl?

Hi, I want to download some online data using wget command and write the contents to a file. For example this is the URL i want to download and store it in a file called "results.txt". #This is the URL. $url="http://www.example.com"; #retrieve data and store in a file results.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Disappearing wget download [Windows]

I downloaded and installed wget for windows, then used cmd.exe to run it directly from its install folder. I downloaded an 8.5 GB (yes, Giga) tar file, waited a couple of days, then tried to find it only to see that it's nowhere to be found! I don't want to re-download the whole thing, especially... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HalfThere
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download file without curl and wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a zip file every second from a http server but i can't use neither curl nor wget. Can anyone will help me go about this task ??? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubber08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files download using wget

Hi, I need to implement below logic to download files daily from a URL. * Need to check if it is yesterday's file (YYYY-DD-MM.dat) * If present then download from URL (sample_url/2013-01-28.dat) * Need to implement wait logic if not present * if it still not able to find the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change wget download directory?

i have a cron that mirrors a site periodically wget -r -nc --passive-ftp ftp://user:pass@123.456.789.0 i want to download this into a directory called /files but when I do this, it always create a new directory called "123.456.789.0" (the hostname) it puts it into /files/123.456.789.0 but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget help - unable to download pic

There is a website providing traffic camera images that gets updated every few minutes. My aim is to download the images over time to get a view of traffic conditions through the day. Website: CHECKPOINT.SG Image link, as taken from site source: http://www.checkpoint.sg/sg/2701 I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
FLUSH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  FLUSH(1)

NAME
Flush - GTK-based BitTorrent client SYNOPSIS
flush [OPTIONS] [TORRENT_FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Flush is a GTK-based BitTorrent client. You can use it to download files from the BitTorrent network. You can control already running instance, for example, by following commands: flush -o --download-rate-limit=100 flush --start=all FEATURES
* Controlling running instance by command line interface, such as: * Starting/stopping torrents. * Changing download/upload rate limit. * Changing maximum connections limit. * Running many instances with different configs from the same user. * Automatic copying finished downloads to specified directory. * Setting custom download path for each file of the torrent. * Ability to choose torrent file's character set encoding. * Automatic torrents loading from specified directory. * Automatic pausing and removing old torrents. * Temporary pausing and resuming torrents. * Overall and current session statistics. * Creating your own torrent files. * IP filter. OPTIONS
--version Show program version and exit. --help Show help options and exit. --config=DIRECTORY Configuration directory path (default: ~/.flush). --download-rate-limit=SPEED Set download rate limit (KB/s). --upload-rate-limit=SPEED Set upload rate limit (KB/s). --max-uploads=NUMBER Set maximum uploads. --max-connections=NUMBER Set maximum connections. --start={all,downloads,uploads} Start torrents. --stop={all,downloads,uploads} Stop torrents. -o, --only-pass Only pass commands to already running Flush instance. Does not start new instance if it is not running yet. FILES
~/.flush Default configuration directory. BUGS
On startup Flush finds already running instances via DBus session bus. Therefore it is necessary to run Flush in a single session bus (usual in X session bus) to prevent running several instances with one configuration path. Please notice that when you are running Flush from console or by cron, when DISPLAY environment variable is not available, Flush finds already running GUI instance without problems via ${config_path}/dbus_session link, which all GUI instances are creating when they have owned DBus name. This makes it possible to control running Flush GUI instances from cron. AUTHOR
Flush was written by Dmitry Konishchev <konishchev@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Dmitry Konishchev <konishchev@gmail.com>. Jun 11, 2009 FLUSH(1)