Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed. Post 302799375 by alister on Friday 26th of April 2013 11:31:53 AM
Old 04-26-2013

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

changed shell of the root accidentally

Hi All, I have changed the shell of the root accidentally to /sbin/bash :mad: How do I change that? :( To change that I need to go to ok prompt I think, and there I need to mount the root file system in order to make changes to the respective file. Can any one please suggest how do I do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintu_asim
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

How I know "last password changed".

Hi all, My HP-UX server 11.11 trusted system. How I know when password was last changed. Thanks , arm_naja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

4. Solaris

file permissions changed to nobody4

Hi there We have had a weird problem arise recently whereby a file owned by cjo:cjogroup suddenly had it's permissions changed to nobody4:nogroup. The file is mounted off a NetApp Filer volume with the NFS permissions set to Read-Write Access (All Hosts) but no Root Access. When we tried to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skewbie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

I accidentally changed to only write permission on /usr/bin... please Help!

I accidentally changed to sudo chmod a=w to my /usr/bin folder on my macbook with OS 10.5.8... Please help! I can't even get into a terminal correctly cause it displays: -bash: uname: command not found -bash: cut: command not found -bash: uname: command not found -bash: cut: command not found... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scaryMac23
6 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Accidentally Changed File Ownership to Include a "Comment" [AIX]

Hi. I've had a little mishap. To cut a long story short, I've accidentally recursively ran chown on a directory (actually a bunch of 'em). Not a problem in itself, but I had a slight error in the code I used to get the list of directories and ended up with a comment in the file ownership. ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
15 Replies

9. Red Hat

Accidentally changed ownership-unable to SSH into server.

Hi All, Accidentally changed ownership of /var directory as root :eek: thinking that I am changing ownership of var directory in other location in the file system:D.Now unable to SSH into the server:(. By gods grace I was able to regain the access again as server was in control of me at that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
5 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Command Prompt changed to "mrbigglesworth" ?!?!

I recently installed mySQL on my macbook. I opened Terminal to run mySQL and entered "cd /usr/local/mysql/bin". My command prompt immediately changed to "mrbigglesworth:". I have no idea why that happened. When I look for the .bash_profile file, it doesn't seem to exist. I opened the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmesford
3 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)