Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris "finger user1" pointing user1 and user2 as well why so? Post 302799359 by manalisharmabe on Friday 26th of April 2013 11:21:19 AM
Old 04-26-2013
Solved!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is plan that comes when you use finger "usename" on solaris ?

Hai, In order to find out a user we can use finger "username" . The output of finger command has various details in the following manner : Login name: xyz In real life: xyz Directory: /home/xys Shell: /bin/ksh No unread mail No plan What is the plan... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajphaj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

User1 runs User2 scripts and updates logs?Is it possible?

Guys I have an odd request in hand. User1 Group1,Group2 User2 Group2,Group1 As can be seen ,both users belong to each other's group as well. Now User1 is holding some scripts(in a folder) on which perms are: 750 ..meaning User2 can read and execute but the execution is never successful... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ak835
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Solaris

How can i prevent logging user1 from console?

Dear all, i have two users user1 and user2 i want force user1 to login first by user2 and then su - user1 i want to prevent logging user1 from console directly (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the use of "finger" command & how to use it to kill the online processes ?

Hi there, I am eager to know what exactly is the use of "finger" command & how to use it to kill the online processes ? :b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijitpaul0212
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run "finger" command in an if statement?

I have been trying to run the finger command in a if statement but its giving me a bunch of errors. gidlistTemp="g274gG;g2759C;g28320;g2885G;g2A276;g23338;g2A5h5;g2A307" for i in $(echo $gidlistTemp| tr ';' ' \n') do tst=(finger $i | wc -l) if then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Finger(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Finger(3pm)

NAME
Net::Finger - a Perl implementation of a finger client. SYNOPSIS
use Net::Finger; # You can put the response in a scalar... $response = finger('corbeau@execpc.com'); unless ($response) { warn "Finger problem: $Net::Finger::error"; } # ...or an array. @lines = finger('corbeau@execpc.com', 1); DESCRIPTION
Net::Finger is a simple, straightforward implementation of a finger client in Perl -- so simple, in fact, that writing this documentation is almost unnecessary. This module has one automatically exported function, appropriately entitled "finger()". It takes two arguments: o A username or email address to finger. (Yes, it does support the vaguely deprecated "user@host@host" syntax.) If you need to use a port other than the default finger port(79), you can specify it like so: "username@hostname:port". o (Optional) A boolean value for verbosity. True == verbose output. If you don't give it a value, it defaults to false. Actually, whether this output will differ from the non-verbose version at all is up to the finger server. "finger()" is context-sensitive. If it's used in a scalar context, it will return the server's response in one large string. If it's used in an array context, it will return the response as a list, line by line. If an error of some sort occurs, it returns undef and puts a string describing the error into the package global variable $Net::Finger::error. If you'd like to see some excessively verbose output describing every step "finger()" takes while talking to the other server, put a true value in the variable $Net::Finger::debug. Here's a sample program that implements a very tiny, stripped-down finger(1): #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::Finger; use Getopt::Std; use vars qw($opt_l); getopts('l'); $x = finger($ARGV[0], $opt_l); if ($x) { print $x; } else { warn "$0: error: $Net::Finger::error "; } BUGS
o Doesn't yet do non-blocking requests. (FITNR. Really.) o Doesn't do local requests unless there's a finger server running on localhost. o Contrary to the name's implications, this module involves no teledildonics. AUTHOR
Dennis Taylor, <corbeau@execpc.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1), finger(1), RFC 1288. perl v5.8.8 2001-11-02 Finger(3pm)