Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Changing the timezone to GMT+1 Post 302799257 by Don Cragun on Friday 26th of April 2013 06:35:43 AM
Old 04-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by adilyos
Hello everyone,

Can you please help me with this problem?

I want to change the timezone of my Solaris 10 system. I found on internet that I should do the following steps:

1- Edit the /etc/TIMEZONE file

2- restart the system : init 6

My question is : In the file /etc/TIMEZONE I should modify this variable TZ=Africa/Casablanca but what value corresponds to "GMT+1" ?

Thank you.

Regards,
TZ=GMT+1 is for an area approximately 15 degrees east of Greenwich that does not observe daylight savings time. It would seem much better for you to ask the people who are asking you to change the timezone for this system where in the world they want this system to pretend to be located and choose a timezone for that location. We have no way to determine whether you should choose someplace in Europe, Africa, or maybe even Antartica.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TimeZone changing in Solaris

I've date back one of my Unix WS ,after that again i want to return to real date,but after running: # date -u mmddHHMMyy the clock immediately returns to GMT timezone that is different with my local timezone. any suggestion could be useful... tanx --nikk (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me about gmt scripts

does somebody know GMT mapping? please reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SANGUINE
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

GMT to PST

I have a file which is tab delimited, it contains the GMT date. Please tell me how to convert from GMT to PST time and if the date and time is of 2 days ago from the current date store the lines in a file or else remove the line. 10.1.10.178 - - - 10.1.10.178 - - ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

changing timezone

Hi, I would like to change time zone Linux from IST to US/Canada but not getting the option , I have run the command setup -> timezone configuration but not getting the option of us/canada or pacific us/canada. Please suggest. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GMT to PST

99.60.97.205 - - GET /2009-03-29/world/impact.row.atlantic_1_rower-paul-ridley-cancer-research?_s=PM:WORLD HTTP/1.1 200 9386 www.abc.com Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/9.0.597.107 Safari/534.13 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

6. Solaris

[Solved] Question changing timezone rules / zic

Dear, One of our customer which is located in Iraq/Baghdad, has informed us about a official change in daylight saving time in few days later and has asked us to fix this issue. So, the current timezone of that system is set as 'Asia/Baghdad' which is correct. however to fix the issue I went... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GMT to MST timestamp conversion

Hi Team, We have written a perl script to perform the GMT to MST timestamp conversion. Input: 2013-12-01T05:23:19.374 Output: need the given timestamp in MT (MST/MDT) #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; #always gmt #my $tval = '2013-12-01T05:23:19.374'; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Changing java timezone on RHEL 5

Hi all, I faced with some problem when I changing java timezone on RHEL 5. I used tzupdater.jar tool from oracle to update java timezone. But I missed stopping applications before I run tzupdater tool. So some applications working with wrong timezone. I think there's some cached instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Changing only time zone file not the timezone without reboot

Hello all, I just want to update the timezone file with new file to update the time, so the zone in /etc/TIMEZONE will be the same but the file it refers to will be changed, and the local time should be changed, can this take effect without rebooting Solaris 10? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amr.Es
9 Replies
DATEFMT_SET_TIMEZONE(3) 						 1						   DATEFMT_SET_TIMEZONE(3)

IntlDateFormatter::setTimeZone - Sets formatters timezone

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public boolean IntlDateFormatter::setTimeZone (mixed $zone) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style boolean datefmt_set_timezone (mixed $zone) Sets the timezone that will be used when formatting dates or times with this object. PARAMETERS
o $zone - The timezone to use for this formatter. This can be specified in the following forms: o NULL, in which case the default timezone will be used, as specified in the ini setting date.timezone or through the func- tion date_default_timezone_set(3) and as returned by date_default_timezone_get(3). o An IntlTimeZone, which will be used directly. o A DateTimeZone. Its identifier will be extracted and an ICU timezone object will be created; the timezone will be backed by ICUs database, not PHPs. o A string, which should be a valid ICU timezone identifier. See IntlTimeZone.createTimeZoneIDEnumeration(3). Raw offsets such as "GMT+08:30" are also accepted. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success and FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 datefmt_set_timezone(3) examples <?php ini_set('date.timezone', 'Europe/Amsterdam'); $formatter = IntlDateFormatter::create(NULL, NULL, NULL, "UTC"); $formatter->setTimeZone(NULL); echo "NULL ", $formatter->getTimeZone()->getId(), " "; $formatter->setTimeZone(IntlTimeZone::createTimeZone('Europe/Lisbon')); echo "IntlTimeZone ", $formatter->getTimeZone()->getId(), " "; $formatter->setTimeZone(new DateTimeZone('Europe/Paris')); echo "DateTimeZone ", $formatter->getTimeZone()->getId(), " "; $formatter->setTimeZone('Europe/Rome'); echo "String ", $formatter->getTimeZone()->getId(), " "; $formatter->setTimeZone('GMT+00:30'); print_r($formatter->getTimeZone()); The above example will output: NULL Europe/Amsterdam IntlTimeZone Europe/Lisbon DateTimeZone Europe/Paris String Europe/Rome IntlTimeZone Object ( [valid] => 1 [id] => GMT+00:30 [rawOffset] => 1800000 [currentOffset] => 1800000 ) SEE ALSO
IntlDateFormatter.getTimeZone(3). PHP Documentation Group DATEFMT_SET_TIMEZONE(3)