Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Changing the timezone to GMT+1 Post 302799251 by adilyos on Friday 26th of April 2013 05:50:01 AM
Old 04-26-2013
Changing the timezone to GMT+1

Hello everyone,

Can you please help me with this problem?

I want to change the timezone of my Solaris 10 system. I found on internet that I should do the following steps:

1- Edit the /etc/TIMEZONE file

2- restart the system : init 6

My question is : In the file /etc/TIMEZONE I should modify this variable TZ=Africa/Casablanca but what value corresponds to "GMT+1" ?

Thank you.

Regards,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TimeZone changing in Solaris

I've date back one of my Unix WS ,after that again i want to return to real date,but after running: # date -u mmddHHMMyy the clock immediately returns to GMT timezone that is different with my local timezone. any suggestion could be useful... tanx --nikk (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me about gmt scripts

does somebody know GMT mapping? please reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SANGUINE
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

GMT to PST

I have a file which is tab delimited, it contains the GMT date. Please tell me how to convert from GMT to PST time and if the date and time is of 2 days ago from the current date store the lines in a file or else remove the line. 10.1.10.178 - - - 10.1.10.178 - - ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

changing timezone

Hi, I would like to change time zone Linux from IST to US/Canada but not getting the option , I have run the command setup -> timezone configuration but not getting the option of us/canada or pacific us/canada. Please suggest. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GMT to PST

99.60.97.205 - - GET /2009-03-29/world/impact.row.atlantic_1_rower-paul-ridley-cancer-research?_s=PM:WORLD HTTP/1.1 200 9386 www.abc.com Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/9.0.597.107 Safari/534.13 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

6. Solaris

[Solved] Question changing timezone rules / zic

Dear, One of our customer which is located in Iraq/Baghdad, has informed us about a official change in daylight saving time in few days later and has asked us to fix this issue. So, the current timezone of that system is set as 'Asia/Baghdad' which is correct. however to fix the issue I went... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GMT to MST timestamp conversion

Hi Team, We have written a perl script to perform the GMT to MST timestamp conversion. Input: 2013-12-01T05:23:19.374 Output: need the given timestamp in MT (MST/MDT) #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; #always gmt #my $tval = '2013-12-01T05:23:19.374'; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Changing java timezone on RHEL 5

Hi all, I faced with some problem when I changing java timezone on RHEL 5. I used tzupdater.jar tool from oracle to update java timezone. But I missed stopping applications before I run tzupdater tool. So some applications working with wrong timezone. I think there's some cached instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Changing only time zone file not the timezone without reboot

Hello all, I just want to update the timezone file with new file to update the time, so the zone in /etc/TIMEZONE will be the same but the file it refers to will be changed, and the local time should be changed, can this take effect without rebooting Solaris 10? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amr.Es
9 Replies
gettimeofday(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  gettimeofday(3C)

NAME
gettimeofday, settimeofday - get or set the date and time SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/time.h> int gettimeofday(struct timeval *tp, void *tzp); int settimeofday(struct timeval *tp, void *tzp); DESCRIPTION
The gettimeofday() function gets and the settimeofday() function sets the system's notion of the current time. The current time is expressed in elapsed seconds and microseconds since 00:00 Universal Coordinated Time, January 1, 1970. The resolution of the system clock is hardware dependent; the time may be updated continuously or in clock ticks. The tp argument points to a timeval structure, which includes the following members: long tv_sec; /* seconds since Jan. 1, 1970 */ long tv_usec; /* and microseconds */ If tp is a null pointer, the current time information is not returned or set. The TZ environment variable holds time zone information. See TIMEZONE(4). The tzp argument to gettimeofday() and settimeofday() is ignored. Only privileged processes can set the time of day. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The settimeofday() function will fail if: EINVAL The structure pointed to by tp specifies an invalid time. EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_TIME} privilege was not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. The gettimeofday() function will fail for 32-bit interfaces if: EOVERFLOW The system time has progressed beyond 2038, thus the size of the tv_sec member of the timeval structure pointed to by tp is insufficient to hold the current time in seconds. USAGE
If the tv_usec member of tp is > 500000, settimeofday() rounds the seconds upward. If the time needs to be set with better than one second accuracy, call settimeofday() for the seconds and then adjtime(2) for finer accuracy. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |gettimeofday() is Standard. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
adjtime(2), ctime(3C), gethrtime(3C), TIMEZONE(4), attributes(5), privileges(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 1 Aug 2003 gettimeofday(3C)