Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute immediate in perl script Post 302799213 by lovelysethii on Friday 26th of April 2013 03:49:34 AM
Old 04-26-2013
Execute immediate in perl script

hi All,

i have to modify a shell script written in Perl. i have to use execute immediate within this. i have to create a temporary table but it should have name like ar_data_$mmyyyy , how can i achieve this?

any help on this would be highly appriciated.

Last edited by vbe; 04-26-2013 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: typo icodes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute a ksh script from perl script!

Hi, I have used exec ("/bin/ksh -c /path/file.ksh arg1"); to execute the file.ksh script from a test.pl script. But it doesnt work.. can anyone tell me what exactly the systax should be?... i have tried system("/path/file.ksh arg1"); too....still no luck... quick replies are highly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meghana
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a cron job needs a perl script to execute

Hello evreyone, this is my first post, and to say i'm new to this is an understatement. I know very little about perl scripts and hope some one can help me. i'm looking to get a script that a cron job can execute. what the script needs to to is 1) connect to a mysql database 2) go to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exader
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] how Execute a Perl Script from any location on the machine

hi guys, i have a query, i wrote a perl script that will collect cpu statistics Scripts/myScripts/ cpu.pl i want to make this file so that i can run it from any location on any drive, without giving the path explicitly. like $/home/ravi/perl cpu.pl i tried this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to execute todays date.

Hi Folks, I have created a script last month to retrive files thru FTP and cronjob was running fine till yesterday. But the naming convention of the daily file is Filename_<date>.xml where date is YYYYMMDD. But today i have received file name as Filename_20110232.xml :( Part of my Perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot execute Unix command in a simple perl script

Am trying to lean perl scripting in Unix OS to automate my tasks. Please find the below perl script i have tried #!/usr/bin/perl -w print "Please Enter the VG name to be checked:"; $A = <>; print "Please Enter the free size to be checked in GB:"; $B = <>; $vgcheck = `vgdisplay... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayachandran87
7 Replies

6. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check read/write/execute permission for 'others'

I want to check access rights permissions not for 'user', not for 'group', but for 'others'. I want to do it by system command in which i want to use 'ls -l' and 'awk' command. I have written the following program : #!/usr/bin/local/perl #include <stdlib.h> system ("ls -l | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhamsachdeva
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[perl] execute remotely script

Hello Can some help with write part of perl script I need something like this in perl SSH="/bin/ssh -o BatchMode=yes -o" USER="test" SRV="server" SCRIPT_TO_EXEC="/tmp/test.sh" -> shell script OUT=/tmp/out.file ${SSH} -l ${USER} ${SRV} 'sudo /usr/bin/ksh -s' < ${SCRIPT_TO_EXEC} >> ${OUT}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies

9. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl script with lock to execute only once in a day

Hi, I am new to perl and have a script to which i want to ensure that no matter how many ever times i execute the script it should execute only once per day. Cronjob is not a safe method as I want to built in capability inside the script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctrld
1 Replies
SETUID(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SETUID(1)

NAME
setuid - run a command with a different uid. SYNOPSIS
setuid username|uid command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
Setuid changes user id, then executes the specified command. Unlike some versions of su(1), this program doesn't ever ask for a password when executed with effective uid=root. This program doesn't change the environment; it only changes the uid and then uses execvp() to find the command in the path, and execute it. (If the command is a script, execvp() passes the command name to /bin/sh for processing.) For example, setuid some_user $SHELL can be used to start a shell running as another user. Setuid is useful inside scripts that are being run by a setuid-root user -- such as a script invoked with super, so that the script can execute some commands using the uid of the original user, instead of root. This allows unsafe commands (such as editors and pagers) to be used in a non-root mode inside a super script. For example, an operator with permission to modify a certain protected_file could use a super command that simply does: cp protected_file temp_file setuid $ORIG_USER ${EDITOR:-/bin/vi} temp_file cp temp_file protected_file (Note: don't use this example directly. If the temp_file can somehow be replaced by another user, as might be the case if it's kept in a temporary directory, there will be a race condition in the time between editing the temporary file and copying it back to the protected file.) AUTHOR
Will Deich local SETUID(1)