Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making a bash script and small C program for a homework assignment Post 302799189 by Franklin52 on Friday 26th of April 2013 02:22:05 AM
Old 04-26-2013
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning to script...want a project to work on (making a small MUD)

Will it be possible to make a MUD using unix script(bash)? I know I can easilly make a "dungeon" with different rooms I can run through and such(kinda like a maze game) . What I did was made a differnt shell script for each room and used CASE for the different places to go, ex. when you press N for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learningtoscrip
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a progress gauge in a bash script

Hello once again: One thing that seems to be a nice feature is a progress gauge... so I can see how long an operation will take for a task to complete if it is requiring a lot of processing or the file is enormous. I have seen references to gauge operations, but I don't know anything about it or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccox85
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A small project with bash script and craigslist

Before I start, I'm posting this for community knowledge, not to offend anyone. I thought it was an interesting project so that's why I'm sharing it. In the notorious erotic classified ads of craigslist, thousands of individuals post classifieds, using the internet to sell themselves with an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexpill
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU assignment bash script

Hi guys, I'm basically looking for some help with a bash script I've written. It's purpose is to assign process to individual CPU cores once that process hits 15% CPU usage or more. If it drops below 15%, it's unassigned again (using taskset). My problem is that I can't think of a way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcky
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small Assignment

1. Write a menu driven shell program to a. Display calendar of current month. b. Search for a pattern in all the files/subdirectories from current directory. c. Count the no. of directories / sub directories in current directory. 2. Display day of week for a given date. (ddmmyyyy).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jainitai
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in making a basic bash script

Hi All, I am trying to monitor CPU load of few processes, with the same name. The output that I get from top is the following 28171 root 20 0 1089m 21m 3608 S 103 0.3 15:16.89 /opt/ppp//h264rtptranscoder.bin --videoPort=14504 --audioPort=14505 27589 root 20 0 1060m 23m... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistiance in small bash script

Hi All, i wrote an simple script, that will monitor some services ,and if particular service will found down ,the code will restarts the service and message about the process will be sent on mail. I have a problem somewhere in the syntax that the script initializes the service even if is up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aviel.shani
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for making complexes of ligands and receptor

I am working with autodock vina for virtual screening and docking with cygwin. Autodock vina generates conformers for multiple ligands. I want to make the complex of these conformers with receptor. e.g. I have 100 .pdbqt files form vina output and one receptor pdbqt file. By running command- cut... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Patil
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making bash script allways executable when transfer ?

Does it possible to make some bash script automatic to be a executable when transfered to another pc...? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
5 Replies
REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)

NAME
reporter-upload - Uploads compressed tarball of problem directory. SYNOPSIS
reporter-upload [-c CONFFILE]... [-d DIR] [-u URL] DESCRIPTION
The tool is used to create a compressed tarball of the problem directory and upload it to a URL. Supported protocols include FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP and FILE. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. Integration with ABRT events reporter-upload can be used as a reporter, to allow users to upload compressed tarballs of problem directories to a configured URL. This usage can be configured in /etc/libreport/report_event.conf: EVENT=report_Upload reporter-upload It can be also used on the post-create event to upload it automatically. EVENT=post-create reporter-upload OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. -u URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. URL should have form protocol://[user[:pass]@]host/dir/[file.tar.gz] where protocol can be http(s), ftp, scp, or file. File protocol can't have user and host parts: file.tar.gz[1]. If URL ends with a slash, the archive name will be generated and appended to URL; otherwise, URL will be used as full file name. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Upload_URL The URL where should be the tarball uploaded. AUTHORS
o ABRT team NOTES
1. file.tar.gz file:///dir/ LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)