Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Difference between lun_id and unique_id Post 302799069 by vilius on Thursday 25th of April 2013 05:13:00 PM
Old 04-25-2013
When my SAN admin creates disk for me I always identify disk by unique_id - unique_id identifies disk not only in AIX but in your storage management system also(left part of unique_id). At least at IBM storage systems we use.
I'm not sure about lun_id - it could be just disk sequence number.

Last edited by vilius; 04-25-2013 at 06:31 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

what is the difference between -h and -H ?

samba:/home/backup # df -h /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 34G 8.6G 26G 26% /home samba:/home/backup # df -H /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 37GB 9.2GB 28GB 26% /home what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
2 Replies

2. Programming

Difference between C and C++

Hi, What is the difference between the C and C++. And what new features is added in the C++.then C Programming in the UNIX Environmnet. Thanks: www.hytechpro.com (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytechpro
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between $* and $@

Somebody please tell me the difference between $@ and $* Thanks in advance. Saneesh Joseph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference

difference b/w shell scripting and perl scripting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simmijaswal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 1,$ and /g

just wondering what the difference is between 1,$ and /g when doing a substitution in vi. doesn't seem to be much difference from what i can see. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the difference is?

scp 123.txt user1@computer1.com:..//john_x1/lab scp 123.txt user1@computer1.com:../john_x1/lab What is the difference between single and slash here and in general? How to copy if we have a unique directory somewhere? Is some of above ways more prefered or... better solutions exists??? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between

$x=10 and providing the spaces between = and 10 $x= 10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashank1311
4 Replies

8. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the difference between the two?

Heyas I'm reworking tui-dd atm, and having a similar issue with a 'weird formated tempfile'. I've already applied what seemed to help from: https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/261156-awk-should-work-shouldnt-2.html However, it is weird... The mini-dd works as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
Bio::PopGen::IndividualI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Bio::PopGen::IndividualI(3pm)

NAME
Bio::PopGen::IndividualI - An individual who has Genotype or Sequence Results SYNOPSIS
# Get a Bio::PopGen::IndividualI somehow # test if it has alleles/genotypes for a given marker if( $ind->has_marker($markername) ) { } # get the unique id print $ind->unique_id, " "; # get the number of results (genotypes) print $ind->num_results; DESCRIPTION
Describe the interface here FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via email or the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason-at-bioperl.org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ unique_id Title : unique_id Usage : my $id = $individual->unique_id Function: Unique Identifier Returns : string representing unique identifier Args : string num_genotypes Title : num_genotypes Usage : my $count = $person->num_results; Function: returns the count of the number of Results for a person Returns : integer Args : none annotation Title : annotation Usage : my $annotation_collection = $ind->annotation; Function: Get/set a Bio::AnnotationCollectionI for this individual Returns : Bio::AnnotationCollectionI object Args : [optional set] Bio::AnnotationCollectionI object get_Genotypes Title : get_Genotypes Usage : my @genotypes = $ind->get_Genotypes(-marker => $markername); Function: Get the genotypes for an individual, based on a criteria Returns : Array of genotypes Args : either none (return all genotypes) or -marker => name of marker to return (exact match, case matters) has_Marker Title : has_Marker Usage : if( $ind->has_Marker($name) ) {} Function: Boolean test to see if an Individual has a genotype for a specific marker Returns : Boolean (true or false) Args : String representing a marker name get_marker_names Title : get_marker_names Usage : my @names = $individual->get_marker_names; Function: Returns the list of known marker names Returns : List of strings Args : none perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::PopGen::IndividualI(3pm)