Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to install Perl Modules Post 302798891 by scj2012 on Thursday 25th of April 2013 09:31:03 AM
Old 04-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajesuri
First thing: there appears to be a logical error in your for-loop. The following code would do <whatever> 6 times. In your case, it would run all of the ssh and cpan commands 6 times. I don't think that's what you want.
Code:
for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6
do
    <whatever>
done

Also, read about PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT environment variable and cpanminus.
I've fixed my code. So it shouldn't run all the ssh and cpan commands six times.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl Modules

I have a script that uses the File::Listing module. I am trying to install it, but I read the ReadMe and it states that the following modules should be installed first: URI MIME-Base64 HTML-Parser libnet Digest-MD5 Compress-Zlib I am very new to Perl and would apprciate anyone's input on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing perl modules

I resulted to using /usr/sfw/bin/gmake to install my perl modules until i ran into a problem installing perl/Tk Tk-804.028 gmake: Entering directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' Sorry no HTML building yet gmake: Leaving directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' I dont unstand what the error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameskay
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install perl modules

Hi. i installed perl 5.8.8.822 in my D: drive(windows xp).When im trying to install IO-Stringy.pm module( or any module for tat matter ) it is getting installed in 'c:\temp\please run installed script' folder no matter from where ever i run the ppm installation.The path variable is set to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anuj8584
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Install modules on strawberry perl

Hi, I'm using strawberry perl on windows 7 rc, and for the past few days I haven't manage to install any modules. I understand that I have to download the module from cpan, which I do, afterwards I have to open cmd, change directory to where I have extracted the module, and type: perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: byte1918
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to manage several versions of Perl modules during the install?

Hello, I would really appreciate any advice on this issue: My Perl Module Environment: /usr/lpp/perl/lib/5.8.7 => has the Perl modules that come with the base Perl installation. Comes first in @INC concatination. /usr/lpp/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.7 => has all my installed Perl modules... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genya01
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install perl modules in Solaris

Hi All, How to install the perl modules in Solaris? pwd /eweiquu/ocsta/lib/XML-Simple-2.18 and bash-3.00# perl Makefile.PL Checking installed modules ... XML::Parser is installed, it will be used by the test suite Writing Makefile for XML::Simple and then the readme file says,you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install perl XML and EXCEL modules in windows XP.

Hi, I am using perl 5.12. I want to install XML modules and Excel modules which is from perl in windows. I am using ppm to install these perl modules. My proxy is this: mtd.ixs.ibab.com/proxy.pac (with http in the beginning) I used this to set but i unable to download any pakage, Using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl modules installation

I have installed perl in windows. Now I would like to install spreadsheet::xlsx & DateTime::Format::Excel modules(also few more) at a time instead of installing them seperately. Could you please let me know how to install more than 1 module as a batch file in windows OS ? Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

10. Programming

How to automatically install all modules required by a script from CPAN?

Having a script.pl how can I automatically download from CPAN all required modules and install and update as required? Something like "emerge -uDNav world" for the perl? ---------- Post updated at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:28 PM ---------- Doesn't matter I've found it ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
6 Replies
AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)						    Miscellanea 						 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)

NAME
amanda-scripts - Configuring and using the Script API DESCRIPTION
The Script API is a flexible system for invoking user-supplied scripts at various points in the execution of Amanda. This manual page describes the operation and configuration of the API. For help writing Script API scripts, see http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Script_API. SCRIPTS
This section lists the scripts included with Amanda, see the individual man page for instructions on using them. For complete How-To information, consult the Amanda wiki at http://wiki.zmanda.com. o amzfs-snapshot(8), - create/destroy zfs snapshot. o script-email(8), - send email. Script properties work just like application properties: they are insensitive to case, and - (dash) and _ (underscore) may be used interchangeably. SCRIPTS OUTPUT PROPERTY
A pre-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate or pre-dle-backup executed on the client can output property on stdout that are sent to the application. If the output line matches "PROPERTY str1 str2", Amanda sets a property called "str1" by the value of "str2", that property is sent to the application. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)