Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed problem Post 302798879 by rangarasan on Thursday 25th of April 2013 09:13:48 AM
Old 04-25-2013
Hey,

I think you have white spaces in file name. Isn't it?

Check this out,

Code:
find . -name "*\[*" -o -name "*\]*" |awk '{s=$0;gsub(/[][]/,"_");gsub(/[ _]+/,"_");print "mv \"" s "\" \"" $0 "\"";}'|sh

Cheers!
-R

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Problem

I AM TRYING TO APPEND THE HOSTNAME OF A UNIX SERVER I WORK WITH SO I COULD DO A LOADING INTO A DATABASE. THE COMMAND I AM USING IS df -k | sed 's/^/dataserver /' What I intend to do is append the hostname dynamically by using the hostname command instead of having to manually enter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chelsea
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sed

Hi , echo "07/05/2008" | sed 's/\(..\)\/\(..\)\/\(..\)/\3\2\1/' Output :: 20050708 Expected output is 20080507 Iam not getting the bug in this. Thanks for the help -- penchal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with SED

Hi, I have to use SED to remove the prefix "219-" from a text file containing phone numbers and I have to remove the ":" as well. I write the following code but it does not seem to work. Can someone help me please? mohit@mohit-desktop:~$ sed -n s/219-/" "/p corp_phones_bak > noprefix1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sed.

Hi All! I am trying to use shell variables in a sed statement, but facing an error.I used the double quotes instead if single quotes in the sed statement. # sed -i -e "s/password/$decoded/g;" $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml sed: -e expression #1, char 11: unterminated `s' command # ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Problem

I have a file which contain many lines see below. "/var/www/abc>" I want to remove Both of these values "" and > (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Problem

I have a file with a lot of numbers in it and I need to clean it up and make it look nice and proper. I found this little gem of a one-liner and basically understand what it is doing but I would like to further understand what each part of the command is doing. Being a newb, I am just trying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genedc1
2 Replies

7. Programming

sed problem

Hi all In input file I have records like this: 0,1,0,87,0,0,"6,87","170,03",0,"43,5",0,0,0,0,"6,87","126,53"and in output file I need that these records transforms in : 0 1 0 87 0 0 6,87 170,03 0 43,5 0 0 0 0 6,87 126,53 Could you help me in this case? Please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizik
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem

Hi i am stuck with a very silly problem :mad: below is my code echo 201010_1212_121.xml i need to replace xml with csv so i did echo 201010_1212_121.xml | sed 's/.*\.xml/.*\.csv/' echo 201010_1212_121.xml | sed 's/*.xml/*.csv/' echo 201010_1212_121.xml |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed problem

Hi Folks, I want to replace these numbers with words as the following: $echo 1 11 223 I want to replace each number with it name (e.g. "1" replaced with "one", etc.) just to determine how sed works in such case. Thanks in advance:). Leo (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)