Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern Search and Extraction Problem Post 302798863 by ankur328 on Thursday 25th of April 2013 08:44:39 AM
Old 04-25-2013
It works....great thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with search pattern

Can anyone help me in a scriptfor below example which has to find the string "System && Passcode 0" or "System && Failcode ??" If this searched string occurs consecutively 4 times it should provide output as error S.No : Program: Status 1. was : Passcode 1 2. System: Passcode 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gantagoru
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extraction of data from a text file which follows certain pattern

hi everybody, i have a file, in it I need to extract some data that follows a particular pattern.. For example: my file contains like now running Speak225 sep 22 mon 16:34:05 2008 -------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohkris
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extraction of strings from a file, after pattern matching

I need to extract strings from a file. The file contains data like: Plan ABCD IN-+-172BB---118C2C---GGN_342-+-MM77_23--+-LAS24_3|GGK_774 | | \-LAS24_2|GGN_774 | +-AA_800_1-+-BAS_000|GGK_362 | | \-BAS_001|GGK_360 | \-DD_000T1---DAM_001|STEEL_0 Plan SHELL_1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abkush
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem passing a search pattern to AWK inside a script loop

Learning, stumbling! My progress in shell scripting is slow. Now I have this doubt: I have the following file (users.txt): AU0909,on AU0309,off AU0209,on AU0109,off And this file (userson.txt) AU0909 AU0209 AU0109 AU0309 I just want to set those users on userson.txt to "off" in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: quinestor
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern extraction and usage by shell script

Suppose im in a directory A. which has sub-directories x/y/z m/n/p etc. Iam only considered with those which have a file netl.oa at the lowermost level. So i used the find command which gives me a list in the form ./abc/def/ghi/jkl/netl.oa and so on Now i want the names abc def jkl and ghi. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sid.verycool
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extraction of data between parenthesis using multiple pattern

i want to extract all data with in parenthesis from a file by passing a pattern from another file.i have some sql statements in my file and i want to extract those ddl by refering to a pattern which is in another file and before writting into file i need some transformation to do.Basically i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj121
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script for extraction of pattern

Anyone can help here, with a script to extract the highlighted details from this two blocks?Actually there are milions of block, this is a sample? dn: EpsStaInfId=EpsStaInf,serv=EPS,mscId=aaaaaa001aaaaaaaa629100100138702,ou=multiSCs,dc=mtncg structuralObjectClass: EpsStaticInf objectClass:... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
SVNPATH(1)																SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)