Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to install Perl Modules Post 302798611 by balajesuri on Wednesday 24th of April 2013 11:48:30 PM
Old 04-25-2013
First thing: there appears to be a logical error in your for-loop. The following code would do <whatever> 6 times. In your case, it would run all of the ssh and cpan commands 6 times. I don't think that's what you want.
Code:
for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6
do
    <whatever>
done

Also, read about PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT environment variable and cpanminus.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl Modules

I have a script that uses the File::Listing module. I am trying to install it, but I read the ReadMe and it states that the following modules should be installed first: URI MIME-Base64 HTML-Parser libnet Digest-MD5 Compress-Zlib I am very new to Perl and would apprciate anyone's input on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing perl modules

I resulted to using /usr/sfw/bin/gmake to install my perl modules until i ran into a problem installing perl/Tk Tk-804.028 gmake: Entering directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' Sorry no HTML building yet gmake: Leaving directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' I dont unstand what the error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameskay
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install perl modules

Hi. i installed perl 5.8.8.822 in my D: drive(windows xp).When im trying to install IO-Stringy.pm module( or any module for tat matter ) it is getting installed in 'c:\temp\please run installed script' folder no matter from where ever i run the ppm installation.The path variable is set to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anuj8584
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Install modules on strawberry perl

Hi, I'm using strawberry perl on windows 7 rc, and for the past few days I haven't manage to install any modules. I understand that I have to download the module from cpan, which I do, afterwards I have to open cmd, change directory to where I have extracted the module, and type: perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: byte1918
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to manage several versions of Perl modules during the install?

Hello, I would really appreciate any advice on this issue: My Perl Module Environment: /usr/lpp/perl/lib/5.8.7 => has the Perl modules that come with the base Perl installation. Comes first in @INC concatination. /usr/lpp/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.7 => has all my installed Perl modules... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genya01
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install perl modules in Solaris

Hi All, How to install the perl modules in Solaris? pwd /eweiquu/ocsta/lib/XML-Simple-2.18 and bash-3.00# perl Makefile.PL Checking installed modules ... XML::Parser is installed, it will be used by the test suite Writing Makefile for XML::Simple and then the readme file says,you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install perl XML and EXCEL modules in windows XP.

Hi, I am using perl 5.12. I want to install XML modules and Excel modules which is from perl in windows. I am using ppm to install these perl modules. My proxy is this: mtd.ixs.ibab.com/proxy.pac (with http in the beginning) I used this to set but i unable to download any pakage, Using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl modules installation

I have installed perl in windows. Now I would like to install spreadsheet::xlsx & DateTime::Format::Excel modules(also few more) at a time instead of installing them seperately. Could you please let me know how to install more than 1 module as a batch file in windows OS ? Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

10. Programming

How to automatically install all modules required by a script from CPAN?

Having a script.pl how can I automatically download from CPAN all required modules and install and update as required? Something like "emerge -uDNav world" for the perl? ---------- Post updated at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:28 PM ---------- Doesn't matter I've found it ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)