Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP search ,grep using perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP search ,grep using perl Post 302798477 by ajayram_arya on Wednesday 24th of April 2013 02:27:33 PM
Old 04-24-2013
Code

Corona688. This works absolutely great . Hats off to you ...:-)

You are my Guru in programming...

---------- Post updated at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:17 PM ----------

This script is wonderful . Need one more help in the same script .

Now we got the match for list of files , size and modified time.

In addition to that :

Sorry for the confusion .

I want the output to redirect to a file.

Last edited by ajayram_arya; 04-24-2013 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: Change of code

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using finddepth in ftp to search for directories in perl

Hi all, I have script which downloads the build and copies onto the local machine I am able to download files in a directory, but unable to get the files in subdierctories. I am using finddepth to search for sub directories but I am unable to do so. Here is my code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive search and ftp

Could someone help me in recursive search and ftp'ing the files to remote server? The host machine will have /dir1/dira/list_of_files1 /dir1/dirb/list_of_files2 /dir1/dirc/list_of_files3 . . . so., I need to search from dir1 recursively (only one level down) and find all the files that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brahmi
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - start search by using search button or by pressing the enter key

#Build label and text box $main->Label( -text => "Input string below:" )->pack(); $main->Entry( -textvariable => \$text456 )->pack(); $main->Button( -text => "Search", -command => sub { errchk ($text456) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE bytes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The SIZE argument is an integer and optional unit (example: 10K is 10*1024). Units are K,M,G,T,P,E,Z,Y (powers of 1024) or KB,MB,... (pow- ers of 1000). SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: '+' extend by, '-' reduce by, '<' at most, '>' at least, '/' round down to multiple of, '%' round up to multiple of. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/truncate> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) truncate invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TRUNCATE(1)