Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Any file to differentiate JAVA JRE and JAVA JDK Post 302798469 by bakunin on Wednesday 24th of April 2013 01:50:29 PM
Old 04-24-2013
I am not sure what you are trying to do. What do you mean by "differentiate"? Please elaborate.

bakunin

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

bug in jdk/jre 1.4.2_13, 1.5.0_11, 1.6

Hi everyone, there is a bug in the jdk/jre 1.4.2_13 that is supposed to take care of the DST change. Details and workaround here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Java runtime environment (JRE) error

Hi all, I am trying to install a .bin file for that it requires IBMJava2-AMD64-142-JRE-1.4.2-13.8.x86_64.rpm to be installed. I have installed this rpm but when i try to install .bin file, it complains that no JRE found. How to solve this. Thanks in advance! #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to install java (jdk-74) on solaris 10?

What kind of required java type for installed? which address link, i need to download the package. i have zcat this version jdk-7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z and then installed each the packages with pkgadd -d . , but my java version still java full version "1.5.0_24-b02".is it need doanything after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aagusman
1 Replies

4. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
ETHERS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							 ETHERS(5)

NAME
ethers -- Ethernet host name data base DESCRIPTION
The ethers file maps Ethernet MAC addresses to host names. Lines consist of an address and a host name, separated by any number of blanks and/or tab characters. A '#' character indicates the beginning of a comment; characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by routines which search the file. Each line in ethers has the format: ethernet-MAC-address hostname-or-IP Ethernet MAC addresses are expressed as six hexadecimal numbers separated by colons, e.g. "08:00:20:00:5a:bc". The functions described in ethers(3) and ether_aton(3) can read and produce this format. The traditional use of ethers involved using hostnames for the second argument. This may not be suitable for machines that don't have a com- mon MAC address for all interfaces (i.e., just about every non Sun machine). There should be no problem in using an IP address as the second field if you wish to differentiate between different interfaces on a system. FILES
/etc/ethers The ethers file resides in /etc. SEE ALSO
ethers(3) HISTORY
The ethers file format was adopted from SunOS and appeared in NetBSD 1.0. BUGS
A name server should be used instead of a static file. BSD
November 7, 2000 BSD