Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers DDD is waiting for GDB to get Ready Post 302798347 by lamentofking on Wednesday 24th of April 2013 09:31:37 AM
Old 04-24-2013
Deleting the .ddd folder seemed to solve it. I couldn't see it through the shell so I had to go to my windows machine to delete it. I hope it's fixed now. Thanks !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

DDD making problem

Hi Everybody, I am trying to make the ddd-3.3.9 debugger. I installed all dependencies. this is what i get: # make Making all in themes make: Entering directory `/space/atoulan/ddd-3.3.9/themes' make: Nothing to be done for `all'. make: Leaving directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: azazel11998
0 Replies

2. Linux

Where to set program arguments in DDD debugger?

In DDD debugger, where to set the the arguments for main program? For example: ./myExe "argv1" "argv2" -> where to set "argv1" & "argv2" ? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to clear a cluttered DDD console window ?

During debugging, usually after printing the backtrace, I find that the console window looks cluttered. How would I clear the console window, to have a fresh start ??? Note: By DDD, I mean the Data Display Debugger, which is a graphical front end for GDB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
0 Replies

4. Programming

Debugging 64bit code with gdb and ddd in AIX

I'm trying to use the GDB debugger and DDD to debug 64bit code. It seems that the AIX toolkit gdb version 6.0 works with 64bit code. But the ddd tool when running gdb gives the following errors : Starting program: <my binary> <my params> warning: "": not in executable format: There is an input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bean66
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle Cluster Ready Services waiting for SunCluster on x86 to start

Recently i faced problem starting oracle application on my galaxy cluster on one node.In the log i found that the CRS demon was not started after the booting of the node , so i manually tried to start it but faced some error. So here are the work around that i had done and the CRS services got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
0 Replies

6. Programming

ddd/gdb debugger problem

I hope this is the right thread - not sure if it belongs in the Linux forum. Anyway, I'm having an issue with ddd and gdb. When using ddd to run gdb, there are extra parameters being appended, and my program is picking them up. I'm running on Ubuntu 11.04... Here's my command line entry - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DDD and GDB rereads ~/.cshrc

Who know why GDB reads my ~/.cshrc again when I type "run" command? Same happends when run DDD debugger (it runs GDB inside) I need the program to inherit the environment from the current shell. How to disable this behavior? I use GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (7.0.1-32.el5_6.2) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baruchgu
3 Replies

8. Programming

[SOLVED] DDD Newbie Setup Issue

(Ubuntu 11.04) I've just installed the debugger DDD, and I'm literally testing a 'hello world' program, but whilst breakpoints are being hit, the (next to) execute line is not highlighted, and when I click 'Next' the code runs to the end? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silas2
7 Replies

9. Programming

64 bit code debugging using gdb and ddd

Hello I have built our application on AIX 7.1 as a 64 bit application. My queries are as follows: Can a 32bit gdb (v7.6) and ddd (data display debugger - v3.3.12), debug a 64bit executable ? If I have a small 64bit a.exe executable that seems to work. If I have a more complicated executable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: biju64
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The disk drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present && the disk drive for /boot is not ready yet

Hi Team when I boot the server I get this 2 errors : the disk drive for /tmp is not ready yet or not present the disk drive for /boot is not ready yet or not present and its stay like that , I m using Ubuntu 12.04 please if someone have any idea how to fix that problem . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SULTAN01
1 Replies
gdb(1)								     GNU Tools								    gdb(1)

NAME
gdb - The GNU Debugger SYNOPSIS
gdb [-help] [-nx] [-q] [-batch] [-cd=dir] [-f] [-b bps] [-tty=dev] [-s symfile] [-e prog] [-se prog] [-c core] [-x cmds] [-d dir] [prog[core|procID]] DESCRIPTION
The purpose of a debugger such as GDB is to allow you to see what is going on ``inside'' another program while it executes--or what another program was doing at the moment it crashed. GDB can do four main kinds of things (plus other things in support of these) to help you catch bugs in the act: o Start your program, specifying anything that might affect its behavior. o Make your program stop on specified conditions. o Examine what has happened, when your program has stopped. o Change things in your program, so you can experiment with correcting the effects of one bug and go on to learn about another. You can use GDB to debug programs written in C, C++, and Modula-2. Fortran support will be added when a GNU Fortran compiler is ready. GDB is invoked with the shell command gdb. Once started, it reads commands from the terminal until you tell it to exit with the GDB com- mand quit. You can get online help from gdb itself by using the command help. You can run gdb with no arguments or options; but the most usual way to start GDB is with one argument or two, specifying an executable program as the argument: gdb program You can also start with both an executable program and a core file specified: gdb program core You can, instead, specify a process ID as a second argument, if you want to debug a running process: gdb program 1234 would attach GDB to process 1234 (unless you also have a file named `1234'; GDB does check for a core file first). Here are some of the most frequently needed GDB commands: break [file:]function Set a breakpoint at function (in file). run [arglist] Start your program (with arglist, if specified). bt Backtrace: display the program stack. print expr Display the value of an expression. c Continue running your program (after stopping, e.g. at a breakpoint). next Execute next program line (after stopping); step over any function calls in the line. edit [file:]function look at the program line where it is presently stopped. list [file:]function type the text of the program in the vicinity of where it is presently stopped. step Execute next program line (after stopping); step into any function calls in the line. help [name] Show information about GDB command name, or general information about using GDB. quit Exit from GDB. For full details on GDB, see Using GDB: A Guide to the GNU Source-Level Debugger, by Richard M. Stallman and Roland H. Pesch. The same text is available online as the gdb entry in the info program. OPTIONS
Any arguments other than options specify an executable file and core file (or process ID); that is, the first argument encountered with no associated option flag is equivalent to a `-se' option, and the second, if any, is equivalent to a `-c' option if it's the name of a file. Many options have both long and short forms; both are shown here. The long forms are also recognized if you truncate them, so long as enough of the option is present to be unambiguous. (If you prefer, you can flag option arguments with `+' rather than `-', though we illustrate the more usual convention.) All the options and command line arguments you give are processed in sequential order. The order makes a difference when the `-x' option is used. -help -h List all options, with brief explanations. -symbols=file -s file Read symbol table from file file. -write Enable writing into executable and core files. -exec=file -e file Use file file as the executable file to execute when appropriate, and for examining pure data in conjunction with a core dump. -se=file Read symbol table from file file and use it as the executable file. -core=file -c file Use file file as a core dump to examine. -command=file -x file Execute GDB commands from file file. -directory=directory -d directory Add directory to the path to search for source files. -nx -n Do not execute commands from any `.gdbinit' initialization files. Normally, the commands in these files are executed after all the command options and arguments have been processed. -quiet -q ``Quiet''. Do not print the introductory and copyright messages. These messages are also suppressed in batch mode. -batch Run in batch mode. Exit with status 0 after processing all the command files specified with `-x' (and `.gdbinit', if not inhib- ited). Exit with nonzero status if an error occurs in executing the GDB commands in the command files. Batch mode may be useful for running GDB as a filter, for example to download and run a program on another computer; in order to make this more useful, the message Program exited normally. (which is ordinarily issued whenever a program running under GDB control terminates) is not issued when running in batch mode. -cd=directory Run GDB using directory as its working directory, instead of the current directory. -fullname -f Emacs sets this option when it runs GDB as a subprocess. It tells GDB to output the full file name and line number in a standard, recognizable fashion each time a stack frame is displayed (which includes each time the program stops). This recognizable format looks like two ` 32' characters, followed by the file name, line number and character position separated by colons, and a newline. The Emacs-to-GDB interface program uses the two ` 32' characters as a signal to display the source code for the frame. -b bps Set the line speed (baud rate or bits per second) of any serial interface used by GDB for remote debugging. -tty=device Run using device for your program's standard input and output. SEE ALSO
`gdb' entry in info; Using GDB: A Guide to the GNU Source-Level Debugger, Richard M. Stallman and Roland H. Pesch, July 1991. COPYING
Copyright (c) 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are preserved on all copies. Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to this one. Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions, except that this permission notice may be included in translations approved by the Free Software Foundation instead of in the original English. GNU Tools 22may2002 gdb(1)