Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with grep script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help with grep script Post 302798221 by alvincorrea on Wednesday 24th of April 2013 03:39:28 AM
Old 04-24-2013
After some thinking I got the answer I guess.... group multiples of any 2 characters will give you the even number of characters (including whitespaces).

Now for finding odd exclude the lines which match above pattern

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep from a script...

This is an extract from a script that i am trying to run. for tim in "2005:00:" "2005:01:" "2005:02:" "2005:03:" "2005:04:" "2005:05:"; do FormString="$tim" echo "grep '$FormString' access.10Aug-1201AM" count=`grep "$FormString" access.10Aug-1201AM | wc -l` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamsasal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep script

hi guys, i was hoping you could help me out with the following im designing a help site for my work colleagues and would like a little script which would do a grep to check if an application is running on unix for example this is what i do on unix ps -ef | grep mqm and this tells me if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drchris
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep within a script

Hi, I am new to this - I have a unix command (below) that I would like to make automated. I would like the script to run the below command line but would like user input for '\' and '\' as these values will change depending on what i'm searching for. Is this possible? if so please help. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnash
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to grep the first few lines of a continuos script, and exit the script anyidea

Hi. I am trying to extract the output of the first few lines of a continuos sh script. The when i run it, i wont to grep the the first 20 lines of it for an entry and basically do a crtl z out of it or to that effect, and output the results to a text file. I basically want to script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k00061804
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep sql error in shell script and exit the script?

I need help in the following script. I want to grep the sql errors insert into the error table and exit the shell script if there is any error, otherwise keep running the scripts. Here is my script #!/bin/csh -f source .orapass set user = $USER set pass = $PASS cd /opt/data/scripts echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allinshell99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script use min resource ( grep grep)

Hi i wrote script use it as watchdog ( i mean it check another program (pooya) whenever that was killed (closed or crashed) it run another script (pooya_start.sh) to start it, this script work fine and do the job for me , i need help of an expert to tell me (exact command) how to change this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep IP script

Hello, I have a command and would like to make that as a script. How do I do that? my command is: grep -Eo +\.+\.+\.+. and i want to have that like grepscript.sh x.txt > IP.txt Can somebody help me? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightball
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l`

i have this line of code that looks for the same file if it is currently running and returns the count. `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` basically it is assigned to a variable ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script - GREP

Hallo gentlemen, i've a problem removing lines from txt file. To make it simple, here is an example: TEXT1.TXT --- contents: 9.9.9.9 geek.net 1.1.1.1 geek.com 2.2.2.2 leet.net TEXT2.TXT --- contents: geek.com coolbar.org I simply do: cat text1.txt | grep -f text2.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirkocosta
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Script

Hi, New to scripting and looking for some help. I am trying to write a script that will search a specified directory for any new or modified files within the last 7 days and display the results. This will be ran daily and emailed? Thanks (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Con592
18 Replies
EvmEventNameMatch(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      EvmEventNameMatch(3)

NAME
EvmEventNameMatch(), EvmEventNameMatchStr() - match EVM event name SYNOPSIS
Library EVM Support Library Parameters pattern The event name pattern sought. The pattern may be any valid event name string. It may include wildcard characters in place of any component. event The event containing the event name to be compared against the pattern. match The result of the match. This operand is set to if the name matches the pattern, and to if it does not. candidate A character string to be matched against the pattern DESCRIPTION
Because special matching rules apply when deciding whether a candidate event name matches a known name, the EVM name matching functions should be used for matching purposes, rather than the C string comparison functions The EVM functions match an event name against a sup- plied pattern, ignoring any trailing appended components in the candidate name, and correctly matching wildcard characters. The function takes an event and an event name pattern as input, and returns an indication of whether the event contains a name which matches the pattern in the match output argument. The pattern may be any valid event name string, and may also include wildcard characters in place of any component. A wildcard in the pattern matches zero or more name components. A matches exactly one component. A match occurs if the event name matches all components indicated by the pattern, even if the name has additional trailing elements. The function performs the same check as but takes a character string as the candidate event name, instead of extracting the candidate event name from a supplied event. Both functions set the match output argument to if the name matches the pattern, and to if it does not. RETURN VALUE
The operation completed without error. The comparison was successful. The value of the match operand indicates whether the name matches the pattern. One of the arguments to the function is invalid. The supplied pattern contains invalid characters. The supplied event does not contain a name. ERRORS
The value of is not set. SEE ALSO
Routines memccpy(3C), strcat(3C). Event Management EVM(5). EVM Events EvmEvent(5). EvmEventNameMatch(3)