Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find and get data from line.? Post 302798143 by hanson44 on Wednesday 24th of April 2013 01:02:39 AM
Old 04-24-2013
Code:
$ cat test.txt
"23:2737757981:GatewayService-5-12-1.CWD2N.awn.com;1365594072;74383"

Code:
$ sed 's/.*\(CWD2N.*\)/"\1/' test.txt
"CWD2N.awn.com;1365594072;74383"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare data line by line from a file

Hi there How can I compare data line by line from a file? I need to compare the second value with the fourth to know if they are different. If those values are different, I require to send my first value to the output until the complete file has been read. This is my file: 0 FALSE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loperam
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a text file to get data in exact line by line

I have my data something like this SERIAL FIRSTOCCURRENCE NETPROTOCOL 1947430693 07/01/2009 05:16:40 FR SERIAL FIRSTOCCURRENCE NETPROTOCOL 1947430746 07/01/2009 05:18:05 FR I want the output as follows.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find line number of bad data in large file

Hi Forum. I was trying to search the following scenario on the forum but was not able to. Let's say that I have a very large file that has some bad data in it (for ex: 0.0015 in the 12th column) and I would like to find the line number and remove that particular line. What's the easiest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a line using a condition and replace a string in that line

Hello, I have a 100 line code. I have given a sample of it below: ABC*654654*1*54.54*21.2*87*1*654654654654 CCC*FS*FS*SFD*DSF GGG*FGH*CGB*FBDFG*FGDG ABC*654654*1*57.84*45.4*88*2*6546546545 CCC*WSF*SG*FGH*GHJ ADA*AF*SFG*DFGH*FGH*FGTH I need to select the line starting with "ABC" its... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in adding a data after a particular line of data in a file.

Hi.. I'm into a bump after trying to solve this prob.. i've a file with contents like below. <blankline> 'pgmId' : 'UNIX', 'pgmData' : 'textfile', 'author' : 'admin', ....... Now i'm trying to insert a new data after pgmId. so the final output will be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping a data in a file and delete line in source file if data does not exist.

Hi Guys, Please help me with my problem here: I have a source file: 1212 23232 343434 ASAS1 4 3212 23232 343434 ASAS2 4 3234 23232 343434 QWQW1 4 1134 23232 343434 QWQW2 4 3212 23232 343434 QWQW3 4 and a mapping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Data in test file and write each out to a line

I have a .csv file that has been create from a google form and I need to extract the data from it that has been entered by users. The CSV will have anywhere between 100 and 1000 lines which comprise entr data for a sports carnival A few typical line is shown here to show the problem I have ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find line then evaluate text on next line, print when condition is met

Hello, I am looking for a specific situation in a text file. The conditions are, > <CompoundName> InChI=1S/C5H12NO2/c1-5(2)4-8-6(3)7/h5H,4H2,1-3H3/q+1 I am looking for cases where the line "> <CompoundName>" is followed by a line that contains the string "InChI=" without regard to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)