Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract lines in awk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract lines in awk Post 302798041 by Yoda on Tuesday 23rd of April 2013 04:47:07 PM
Old 04-23-2013
For 1st condition:
Code:
awk -v st="ASBC, 1845," 'BEGIN{p=1}{n=match($0,st);if(n) p=0}n||p' file

For 2nd condition:
Code:
awk -v st="ASBC, 1845," 'BEGIN{p=0}{n=match($0,st);if(n) p=1}!n&&p' file

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines

Hi, I have a text file with 15 columns and i want to extract those lines of which 7th column is ABCD. I think we can do this using awk but could not frame the command. Please help. TIA Prvn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk to extract lines and sort

Hi, My data looks like this. CHR SNP BP A1 TEST NMISS OR STAT P 0 SNP_A-8282315 0 2 ADD 1530 1.074 0.7707 0.4409 0 SNP_A-8282315 0 2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: How to extract text lines between two strings

Hi. I have a text test1.txt file like:Receipt Line1 Line2 Line3 End Receipt Line4 Line5 Line6 Canceled Receipt Line7 Line8 Line9 End (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: TQ3
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract some lines from output via AWK

Hello Friends, I have got, this output below and i want to extract the name of symlink which is highlighted in red and the path above it highlighted in blue. At the end i want to append path and symlink. /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/jre /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/jre/.systemPrefs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to extract lines with a defined number of characters

This is my problem, my file (file A) contains the following information: Now, I would like to create a file (file B) containing only the lines with 10 or more characters but less than 20 with their corresponding ID: Then, I need to compare the entries and determine their frequency. Thus, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? extract quoted "" strings from multiple lines.

I am trying to extract multiple strings from snmp-mib files like below. ----- $ cat IF-MIB.mib <snip> linkDown NOTIFICATION-TYPE OBJECTS { ifIndex, ifAdminStatus, ifOperStatus } STATUS current DESCRIPTION "A linkDown trap signifies that the SNMP entity, acting in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genzo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines with specific words with addition 2 lines before and after

Dear all, Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to extract lines with specific words in addition 2 lines before and after these lines by using awk or sed. For example, the input file is: 1 ak1 abc1.0 1 ak2 abc1.0 1 ak3 abc1.0 1 ak4 abc1.0 1 ak5 abc1.1 1 ak6 abc1.1 1 ak7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Extract 4 lines in Column to Rows Tab Delimited between tags

I have tried the following to no avail. xargs -n8 < test.txt awk '{if(NR%6!=0){p=""}else{p="\n"};printf $0" "p}' Mod_Alm_log.txt > test.txt I have tried different variations of the above, the problem is mixes lines together. And it includes the tags "%a and %A" I need them to be all tab... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytouchsr
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)