Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with rsh problem
Operating Systems AIX Help with rsh problem Post 302797799 by forefather1977 on Tuesday 23rd of April 2013 07:16:46 AM
Old 04-23-2013
I've just checked with the lsuser command and cannot see any obvious restrictions on the account.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with rsh

Hi all I have checked the archives and cannot find a solution. I get a permission denied error, however all the suggestions donot help. here is the scenario root@OPSBOX#/>rsh OPSBOX ls -l rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied. root@OPSBOX#/>pg .rhosts OPSBOX root OPSBOX ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh problem

Hi, I am using rsh command in scripting. But I wan to run the script as a bg process. When I run the script, it says stopped. My doubt is ....if I use the rsh in scripting ......bg is possible or not ??? EX: test-rsh rsh 172.16.73.38 df -k >DF.log Result when I run this script ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RSH password problem

Hello, I am currently trying to execute a command in a Windows machine from a UNIX server. In order to do this, I am using the RSH command in UNIX but whenever i do this I am getting this error "RSHD: <username>: could not retrieve password: Please login and run rsetup." I log in via the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh problem

hey, I'v a problem when I use rsh. When it logs in, it goes my home directory. I want it to go directly to my working directory. An idea I had was to redirect pwd to a file (pwd > somefile) and then once I'v rsh'd, cd to that path. I don't know how to read from the file to use as a parameter for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bacchus
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh problem

I tried to execute by rsh a script, but I did not succeed. You can execute only commnads (not scripts) by rsh or there are some other restrictions?!? root@a1 #pwd / root@a1 #rsh a2 monitor ksh: monitor: not found On the other hand: root@a1 #rsh a2 root@a2 #pwd / root@a2 #ls monitor... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartwork
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh problem in ksh

On a SUN cluster (ksh - Solaris 8 SPARC) I run a script which at some time has to perform a rsh command on the alternate node but with some other user (let's say "oper") so it should be like: rsh su - oper -c APP_COMMAND -paramters When I run the script APP_COMMAND is done but without taking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartwork
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh problem

Dear, I am trying to execute a script in the X machine by remote logging from machine Y. Note that in the X machine in host file the ip and the hostname of the Y is defined and in the .rhosts the hostname and the username of the Y is defined. By using the following: rsh X -l username -n "sh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tontal
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh connection problem

I am trying to connect to a remote server using rsh. first i have given the following command. $ rsh 242.13.45.54 -l now i got the following message "connect to address 242.13.45.54: Connection refused Trying krb4 rlogin... connect to address 242.13.45.54: Connection refused trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem using RSH

Hi, I have an old solaris 2.6 box and I need to copy all the data from the hard drive onto another machine. It does not have ssh installed so I am forced to use rsh. My plan was to execute the rcp command from the solaris box to a Centos 5 machine. I have installed rsh client and server on my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RSH/rlogin problem

Hello, When I try and RSH/RLOGIN onto a box with user root, I get the prompt but the username/password combination NEVER work. I have the password up properly on the host machine. Does rsh/rlogin not make use of ./etc/passwd and /etc/shadow? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies
DH_CONFIG_MODEL_UPGRADE(1p)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       DH_CONFIG_MODEL_UPGRADE(1p)

NAME
dh_config_model_upgrade - add Config::Model based configuration merge SYNOPSIS
dh_config_model_upgrade [ debhelper options ] [ --model_name xx ] [ --model_package xx [ --model_version yy ] ] [ --edit_option "..." ] [ -p pkg ] DESCRIPTION
dh_config_model_upgrade is experimental dh_config_model_upgrade is a debhelper that will modify the package script to perform configuration merge on package upgrade. This merge is based on config-edit from Config::Model. Model information can be specified by command options or a configuration file: "debian/foo.config-model" A Model must be either : o Delivered in the package in "debian/config-model/models/" directory o Provided by another package REQUIREMENTS
For this program to work, package maintainer must ensure that: o ensure that *.postinst and *.config have a #DEBHELPER# line (if these files exist) o ensure that control file has a dependency on ${misc:Depends} OPTIONS
--model_name XX Specifies the model name (a la "Config::Model") that will be used to perform the upgrade. Without this information, "dh_config_model_upgrade" will do nothing. (shortcut "--mn") --model_for "xx yy" Specifies the package to act upon. Without this option, "dh_config_model_upgrade" will do nothing. To specify several packages, list the packages between quotes. (shortcut "--mf") --model_package XX Specifies the debian package that provide the model specified bu "-model_name". (shortcut "--mp") --model_version YY Specifies the minimal version of the package that provides the model. (shortcut "--mv") --edit_option "..." Specify a list of options or command that will be passed verbatim to config-edit during upgrade. Be sure to use quotes. -p debhelper option to specify which package(s) to act on. Usage "dh_config_model_upgrade" can be used with only command line options. For instance dh_config_model_upgrade --model_name Sshd -p openssh-server --model_package lib-config-model-openssh-perl --model_version 1.206 Alternatively, you can specify relevant information in configuration files. For instance: $ cat debian/openssh-server.config-model model_name: Sshd model_package: lib-config-model-openssh-perl model_version: 1.206 $ cat debian/openssh-client.config-model model_name: Ssh model_package: lib-config-model-openssh-perl model_version: 1.206 In this case, "dh_config_model_upgrade" will be invoked this way dh_config_model_upgrade If the model are delivered within the package, you will have to specify them in xx.install file. Here's a example based on "approx" package where the model file and the parser/writer are delivered in approx package. Debian dir contains: debian/config-model/Approx.pm debian/config-model/models/Approx.pl "debian/approx.install" contains: debian/config-model/Approx.pm usr/share/perl5/Config/Model debian/config-model/models/Approx.pl usr/share/perl5/Config/Model/models dh_config_model_upgrade is invoked as : dh_config_model_upgrade -model_name Approx debian files setup "dh_config_model_upgrade" will work if: o "control" file contains a "S{misc:Depends}" variable in "Depends" line o "rules" contains a "#DEBHELPER#" line to insert generated postinst snippet EXAMPLES
"dh_config_model_upgrade" can be called in the rules file via the dh command (no options are possible, you will have to specify "debian/*.config_model" files): %: dh --with config_model Or directly at the start of the build with build: dh_config_model_upgrade -model_name FooBar Here's an example to avoid using Augeas when upgrading build: dh_config_model_upgrade -model_name Sshd -edit_option "-backend custom" CAVEATS
Using options with a single dash (e.g. "-model_name" instead of "--model_name") will lead to ""Unknown option"" errors. ENVIRONMENT
This program will exit(0) if "DH_NO_ACT" is set or if "DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS" contains "noconfigmodel". SEE ALSO
debhelper This program is an addendum to debhelper (part of libconfig-model-perl). AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont <dod@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 DH_CONFIG_MODEL_UPGRADE(1p)