Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing multiple run time arguments Post 302797615 by hanson44 on Tuesday 23rd of April 2013 12:54:25 AM
Old 04-23-2013
Code:
$ cat test.sh
csv_path="$2"
txt_path="$3"

if [ ! -z "$txt_path" ]; then
  echo "txt_path = $txt_path"
  ls "$txt_path/*.txt" > temp1
elif [ ! -z "$csv_path" ]; then
  echo "csv_path = $csv_path"
  ls "$csv_path/*.csv" > temp2
fi

Code:
$ ./test.sh arg1

Code:
$ ./test.sh arg1 /csv_path
csv_path = /csv_path
ls: cannot access /csv_path/*.csv: No such file or directory

Code:
$ ./test.sh arg1 /csv_path /txt_path
txt_path = /txt_path
ls: cannot access /txt_path/*.txt: No such file or directory

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run multiple process at the same time

Hello guys, Look what im doing: I need to run a process from a SERVER1 to SERVER2, SERVER3 and SERVER4. The shell of the process is in each SERVER (2 to 4) So from SERVER1 i do: for i in SERVER2 SERVER3 SERVER4 do rsh $i ' ./process.sh ' done The problem is: each process.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lestat_ecuador
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help how replace stardard keyboard inputs by arguments at run time of a script

Hello Everybody, Please help. I was trying to automate the use of a third-party given shell script. The script is written to be used at run-time to collect a few variables to be provided by the user through key board, in the fashion as below: ./runcommand please provide a file name to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dingrong
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple arguments in for loop each time

Hi, Guys I am new to shell programming and just get stuck with one simple question. please kindly help. According to the tutorial here, we can do something like for NODE in "ABC 10" "EFG 20" do set -- $NODE echo "letter is $1, number is $2" done And the result will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuanli
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script with multiple file arguments

Hello everyone, I have two types of files in a directory: *.txt *.info I have a perl script that uses these two files as arguments, and produces a result file: perl myScript.pl abc.txt abc.xml How can I run this script (in a "for" loop , looping through both types of files)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in passing multiple arguments from a shell script to a pl/sql block

Hi, hope everyone are fine. Please find my issue below, and I request your help in the same In a configuration file, i have a variable defined as below TEST = 'One','Two','Three' I am trying to pass this variable in to a sql script which is define in a pl/sql block as follows, In the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing arguments to alias with multiple commands

I have a few aliases set up on AIX servers in my .kshrc file. Some of them contain multiple commands that are piped together. A simple example would be something like this: # alias to list directory contents as root and sort by size. alias lss='sudo ls -l | sort -nbk5' When I call... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: derndingle
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting multiple values in a variable at run time

Hi, Below is starting entry of my script #!/bin/ksh Usage() { print "Usage: $0 ID OPTION SERVER" print "<br>Where :" print "<br>Enter your ID into PARAM1, OPTION in the PARAM2 and SERVER in the PARAM3 field" print "<br>ID should be a valid ID" print "<br>OPTION should be either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopajitmalakar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple arguments to a shell script

Hi Gurus, Need some help with the shell scripting here. #!/bin/ksh ps -ef | grep -i sample.ksh | grep -v grep > abc.txt if then echo "sample.ksh is executing" else echo "sample.ksh is not executing" fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple arguments

Hi, I know with getopts you can pass arguments from the command line ./script -ab -c apple But it doesn't support 2 or more arguments for ONE option. Is there any other way to do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: testa500
2 Replies
GO-BUILD(1)						      General Commands Manual						       GO-BUILD(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go build [-o output] [ build flags ] [ packages ] DESCRIPTION
Build compiles the packages named by the import paths, along with their dependencies, but it does not install the results. If the arguments are a list of .go files, build treats them as a list of source files specifying a single package. When the command line specifies a single main package, build writes the resulting executable to output. Otherwise build compiles the pack- ages but discards the results, serving only as a check that the packages can be built. The -o flag specifies the output file name. If not specified, the name is packagename.a (for a non-main package) or the base name of the first source file (for a main package). OPTIONS
The build flags are shared by the build, install, run, and test commands: -a force rebuilding of packages that are already up-to-date. -n print the commands but do not run them. -p n the number of builds that can be run in parallel. The default is the number of CPUs available. -v print the names of packages as they are compiled. -work print the name of the temporary work directory and do not delete it when exiting. -x print the commands. -compiler name name of compiler to use, as in runtime.Compiler (gccgo or gc) -gccgoflags 'arg list' arguments to pass on each gccgo compiler/linker invocation -gcflags 'arg list' arguments to pass on each 5g, 6g, or 8g compiler invocation -ldflags 'flag list' arguments to pass on each 5l, 6l, or 8l linker invocation -tags 'tag list' a list of build tags to consider satisfied during the build. See the documentation for the go/build package for more information about build tags. For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). For more about where packages and binaries are installed, see go-gopath(1). SEE ALSO
go-install(1), go-get(1), go-clean(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-BUILD(1)