Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comma separated to rows based on field Post 302797435 by Yoda on Monday 22nd of April 2013 02:34:17 PM
Old 04-22-2013
An awk solution:
Code:
awk '{ n=split($NF,A,","); while (++i<=n) { print $1, A[i] } i=0 }' file

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Its PERL + Comma separated seventh field

Hi Friends, I'm working on a perl script, which seems to be simpler. But I'm very new to PERL scripting. I have a comma separated data file, from which I need to extract only the seventh field data out of available twenty fields to an array using perl. Any help would be much appreciated. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format file into comma separated field

Guys, Need you help, i have a a file content that look like this. Nokia 3330 <spaces><spaces><more spaces>+76451883874 Nokia 3610 +87467361615 so on and so forth, - there are so many spaces in between. - e.g.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sum the rows number based on first field string value

Hi, I have a file like this one h1 4.70650E-04 4.70650E-04 4.70650E-04 h2 1.92912E-04 1.92912E-04 1.92912E-04 h3A 3.10160E-11 2.94562E-11 2.78458E-11 h4 0.00000E+00 0.00000E+00 0.00000E+00 h1 1.18164E-12 2.74150E-12 4.35187E-12 h1 7.60813E-01 7.60813E-01 7.60813E-01... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting string in between field in comma separated file

Hello Mates, I have one txt file having commo seperated values. I have to insert string "FALSE" in 2nd field from the end. E.G SE18 6RN,,,,5439070,1786840,,1000002148671600,123434 Out put should be: SE18 6RN,,,,5439070,1786840,FALSE,1000002148671600,123434 Can some one help me to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma separated file

Hi all, I have the following files types: FileA: 100, 23, 33, FileB: 22, 45, 78, and i want to make File C: 100,22 23,45 33,78 any nice suggestions for making it easy. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hen1610
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help - comma inside double quote in comma separated csv,

Hello there, I have a comma separated csv , and all the text field is wrapped by double quote. Issue is some text field contain comma as well inside double quote. so it is difficult to process. Input in the csv file is , 1,234,"abc,12,gh","GH234TY",34 I need output like below,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttam Maji
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Comma separated values to space separated

Hi, I have a large number of files which are written as csv (comma-separated values). Does anyone know of simple sed/awk command do achieve this? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:54 AM ---------- Guess I asked this too soon. Found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need comma separated output

Hi, I am having the file with server names & its corresponding process, i need your help how to convert into comma separated output between server & app #cat apps.txt Server1 oracle was Server2 http webadmin Server3 tsm db2 My requirement is like below. Server1,oracle/was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse comma separated field and removing comma in between number and double quotes

Hi Experts, Please support I have below data in file in comma seperated, but 4th column is containing comma in between numbers, bcz of which when i tried to parse the file the column 6th value(5049641141) is being removed from the file and value(222.82) in column 5 becoming value of column6. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract fields from a CSV i.e comma separated where some of the fields having comma as value?

can anyone help me!!!! How to I parse the CSV file file name : abc.csv (csv file) The above file containing data like abv,sfs,,hju,',',jkk wff,fst,,rgr,',',rgr ere,edf,erg,',',rgr,rgr I have a requirement like i have to extract different field and assign them into different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Jena
4 Replies
PAGESIZES(5F)															     PAGESIZES(5F)

NAME
pagesizes - HylaFAX page size definitions DESCRIPTION
The pagesizes database defines the page dimensions and guaranteed reproducible areas (GRA) for well-known page sizes. The GRA is the por- tion of the page that is guaranteed to be imaged during facsimile transmission. This region is typically less than the full page dimen- sions because of paper roller contacts and other mechanical aspects of the printing process in a facsimile machine. All HylaFAX programs that require page size information read the information from this database using a page size name. Documents should be prepared such that the full page dimensions are employed with the imaged area contained within the GRA. The system-wide default page size to use in preparing documents for transmission is given by the ``default'' entry in the database. (NB: the default entry should be placed last so that inverse matches find the real page size name and not the default entry.) The page size database is an ASCII file with the following format. Each entry consists of whitespace-separated fields: name abbrev width height gra-width gra-height top-margin left-margin Fields have the following interpretation: name the full name for the page size; e.g. ISO A4; abbrev an abbreviated version of the full name for use in compact listings such as the receive queue listing printed by faxstat(1); width the full width of the page; height the full height of the page; gra-width the width of the GRA; gra-height the height of the GRA; top-margin the margin between the top of the full page and the top of the GRA; left-margin the margin between the left side of the full page the left side of the GRA. The first two fields must be separated from the subsequent fields by a tab character (possibly followed by more whitespace); this is done to easily permit blank characters to be included in names. Otherwise fields can be separated by any amount of any kind of whitespace. Numbers are all base 10 and in basic measurement units (BMU); defined as 1/1200 x 25.4 millimeters for paper output with a scale factor of one. All fields must be present on a single line; otherwise the entry is ignored. Comments are introduced by the ``#'' character and con- tinue to the end the line. Page size database lookups are either by name or by page dimensions. Lookups by name are done by sequentially scanning the entries in the database for the first entry that has a matching abbreviation or substring of the page size name field. The string comparisons ignore case so, for example, ``a4'' would match a full name of ``ISO A4''. Lookups by dimension scan the entire database and return the page with the closest dimensions using a straightforward distance metric. If the difference in dimensions of the closest match is greater than 1/2 inch on each side, then no page entry is returned for a lookup by dimension. SEE ALSO
hylafax-client(1), faxmail(1), faxstat(1), sendfax(1), sgi2fax(1), textfmt(1). December 5, 1994 PAGESIZES(5F)