Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Switching over to C++
Top Forums Programming Switching over to C++ Post 302797311 by alister on Monday 22nd of April 2013 09:55:26 AM
Old 04-22-2013
Praveen_218:

Respectfully, whatever hardware you or the OP may be using is of no concern to me. I have not made any assertions whatsoever, and have no predictions in need of substantiation.

The point of my previous post is simply that your expectation that if the OP switches implementation language they will see a performance improvement similar to that which you described (440x) is without merit. I stand by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveen_218
I really do expect your C++ program, if you really create, will get you to see the same kind of performance improvements.
Even if that statement were to be proven correct, it would still have been meritless. There is simply insufficient information to make such a prediction.

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Switching between users

Hi folks, could anyone please tell me how can i switch between two users without going thru the su(i.e. root)? is there any such command? thanks in advance, thell (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thell
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

su (switching to other user)

Hi, what is the use of the double quotes and !! in the following code segment: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "welcome user1" EOF !! also what is the difference between below: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 and su - $USER << ""!!!> /dev/null 2>&1. Note: $USER =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

su (switching to other user)

Hi, what is the use of the double quotes and !! in the following code segment: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "welcome user1" EOF !! also what is the difference between below: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 and su - $USER << ""!!!> /dev/null 2>&1. Note: $USER =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching between two users

Can any one tell me : How we can switch between two users without prompting for the password. (In the SHELL SCRIPT can we fetch the USERID and PASSWORD from a specified file, without using SUDO command)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepusunil
2 Replies

5. Linux

Switching from one DNS to another

Hi all, we have running some linux servers with sles9 and we have some problems with our dns servers. Sometimes they don't like to work. However, is there a parameter to enable faster switching between two ore more dns servers? Thx for your help in front Regards frank (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

switching users

Hi I want to write a script which can switch between super users.But it asks for the password at the prompt.How can I manage in the script so that it didnt ask me for the password at the prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monika
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

vt switching

greetings, i hope this hasn't been covered previously. has anyone heard of a .kext or daemon that would allow linux or (open)solaris-like vt switching? googling didn't help much.. i know os x allows a '>console' login from loginwindow.app, but i'm mainly interested in this because there are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bamdad
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching lines

Hi I'm quite new with linux. Very simple, I need to swap every 2 lines in a file. Example INPUT: a a a b b b x x x y y y s s s t t t OUTPUT: b b b a a a y y y x x x t t t (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
5 Replies

9. Solaris

The switching in the different AP's

HI, I am using the windows 2003 server R2 in there we are using the putty as to access the different AP's now from the primary AP i want to login to several different AP's using a script what the script will do is :- input a text file in which list of different ap's and the corresponding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiglani
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case switching

Hello Folks I am writing this simple program but I am stuck at this point. Here is the snippet from my script where I have issues. 3) echo "Current Directory: $(pwd) Menu 3" echo -e "Enter a file name\n" read fname if then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
5 Replies
PREPARE(7)                                                         SQL Commands                                                         PREPARE(7)

NAME
PREPARE - prepare a statement for execution SYNOPSIS
PREPARE name [ ( datatype [, ...] ) ] AS statement DESCRIPTION
PREPARE creates a prepared statement. A prepared statement is a server-side object that can be used to optimize performance. When the PRE- PARE statement is executed, the specified statement is parsed, rewritten, and planned. When an EXECUTE command is subsequently issued, the prepared statement need only be executed. Thus, the parsing, rewriting, and planning stages are only performed once, instead of every time the statement is executed. Prepared statements can take parameters: values that are substituted into the statement when it is executed. When creating the prepared statement, refer to parameters by position, using $1, $2, etc. A corresponding list of parameter data types can optionally be specified. When a parameter's data type is not specified or is declared as unknown, the type is inferred from the context in which the parameter is used (if possible). When executing the statement, specify the actual values for these parameters in the EXECUTE statement. Refer to EXECUTE [execute(7)] for more information about that. Prepared statements only last for the duration of the current database session. When the session ends, the prepared statement is forgotten, so it must be recreated before being used again. This also means that a single prepared statement cannot be used by multiple simultaneous database clients; however, each client can create their own prepared statement to use. The prepared statement can be manually cleaned up using the DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)] command. Prepared statements have the largest performance advantage when a single session is being used to execute a large number of similar state- ments. The performance difference will be particularly significant if the statements are complex to plan or rewrite, for example, if the query involves a join of many tables or requires the application of several rules. If the statement is relatively simple to plan and re- write but relatively expensive to execute, the performance advantage of prepared statements will be less noticeable. PARAMETERS
name An arbitrary name given to this particular prepared statement. It must be unique within a single session and is subsequently used to execute or deallocate a previously prepared statement. datatype The data type of a parameter to the prepared statement. If the data type of a particular parameter is unspecified or is specified as unknown, it will be inferred from the context in which the parameter is used. To refer to the parameters in the prepared statement itself, use $1, $2, etc. statement Any SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, or VALUES statement. NOTES
In some situations, the query plan produced for a prepared statement will be inferior to the query plan that would have been chosen if the statement had been submitted and executed normally. This is because when the statement is planned and the planner attempts to determine the optimal query plan, the actual values of any parameters specified in the statement are unavailable. PostgreSQL collects statistics on the distribution of data in the table, and can use constant values in a statement to make guesses about the likely result of executing the statement. Since this data is unavailable when planning prepared statements with parameters, the chosen plan might be suboptimal. To exam- ine the query plan PostgreSQL has chosen for a prepared statement, use EXPLAIN [explain(7)]. For more information on query planning and the statistics collected by PostgreSQL for that purpose, see the ANALYZE [analyze(7)] documenta- tion. You can see all available prepared statements of a session by querying the pg_prepared_statements system view. EXAMPLES
Create a prepared statement for an INSERT statement, and then execute it: PREPARE fooplan (int, text, bool, numeric) AS INSERT INTO foo VALUES($1, $2, $3, $4); EXECUTE fooplan(1, 'Hunter Valley', 't', 200.00); Create a prepared statement for a SELECT statement, and then execute it: PREPARE usrrptplan (int) AS SELECT * FROM users u, logs l WHERE u.usrid=$1 AND u.usrid=l.usrid AND l.date = $2; EXECUTE usrrptplan(1, current_date); Note that the data type of the second parameter is not specified, so it is inferred from the context in which $2 is used. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes a PREPARE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the PREPARE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], EXECUTE [execute(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 PREPARE(7)