Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] Previous Year Date
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Previous Year Date Post 302797301 by shash on Monday 22nd of April 2013 09:36:16 AM
Old 04-22-2013
[Solved] Previous Year Date

Hi Gurus,

I would like to get the date for the previous year based on the date I specify.
For e.g. If I input today's date (i.e. 20130422) I need to get 20120422.

We don't have GNU and use K Shell. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Shash

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specify a previous date as start date in shell script

Hi, I am trying to modify a script which accepts date in format dd/mm/yy. I am trying to modify the script so that it retrieves the date that was 15 days earlier from today as start date. Eg.if today is 05/09/2006, the script should retrieve 21/08/2006 as start date. Is there any script/code to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritzwan0
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to get previous date from date command in ksh

I want to get previous date from date command. I am using ksh shell. Exmp: today is 2008.09.04 I want the result : 2008.09.03 Please help. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Using date command, getting previous day

Legends, i need to get previous day using date command. Can you please help. sdosanjh:/home> date +%m%d%y 011514 i tried -d '-1 day' but it is not working (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to print previous year in UNIX

hi all, I use date +%Y which gives Current year. Requirement: I want previous year to be printed. Please help me. Note: I tried date +%d/%m/%Y -d "-1 years" which is not working. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wasim999
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to fetch previous month first date and last date

I am not able to fetch first date and last date previous month date -d -1month +%Y-%m-%d date -d -1month +%Y-%m-%d I need two format dd-mm-yyy previous month 01-03-2016 previous month 31-03-2016 and also only date 1 to 31 Aprriciate your replay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How bash treats literal date value and retrieve year, month and date?

Hi, I am trying to add few (say 3 days) to sysdate using - date -d '+ 3 days' +%y%m%d and it works as expected. But how to add few (say 3 days) to a literal date value and how bash treats a literal value as a date. Can we say just like in ORACLE TO_DATE that my given literal date value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers1234
2 Replies
Time::ParseDate(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Time::ParseDate(3pm)

NAME
Time::ParseDate -- date parsing both relative and absolute SYNOPSIS
use Time::ParseDate; $seconds_since_jan1_1970 = parsedate("12/11/94 2pm", NO_RELATIVE => 1) $seconds_since_jan1_1970 = parsedate("12/11/94 2pm", %options) OPTIONS
Date parsing can also use options. The options are as follows: FUZZY -> it's okay not to parse the entire date string NOW -> the "current" time for relative times (defaults to time()) ZONE -> local timezone (defaults to $ENV{TZ}) WHOLE -> the whole input string must be parsed GMT -> input time is assumed to be GMT, not localtime UK -> prefer UK style dates (dd/mm over mm/dd) DATE_REQUIRED -> do not default the date TIME_REQUIRED -> do not default the time NO_RELATIVE -> input time is not relative to NOW TIMEFIRST -> try parsing time before date [not default] PREFER_PAST -> when year or day of week is ambiguous, assume past PREFER_FUTURE -> when year or day of week is ambiguous, assume future SUBSECOND -> parse fraction seconds VALIDATE -> only accept normal values for HHMMSS, YYMMDD. Otherwise days like -1 might give the last day of the previous month. DATE FORMATS RECOGNIZED
Absolute date formats Dow, dd Mon yy Dow, dd Mon yyyy Dow, dd Mon dd Mon yy dd Mon yyyy Month day{st,nd,rd,th}, year Month day{st,nd,rd,th} Mon dd yyyy yyyy/mm/dd yyyy-mm-dd (usually the best date specification syntax) yyyy/mm mm/dd/yy mm/dd/yyyy mm/yy yy/mm (only if year > 12, or > 31 if UK) yy/mm/dd (only if year > 12 and day < 32, or year > 31 if UK) dd/mm/yy (only if UK, or an invalid mm/dd/yy or yy/mm/dd) dd/mm/yyyy (only if UK, or an invalid mm/dd/yyyy) dd/mm (only if UK, or an invalid mm/dd) Relative date formats: count "days" count "weeks" count "months" count "years" Dow "after next" Dow "before last" Dow (requires PREFER_PAST or PREFER_FUTURE) "next" Dow "tomorrow" "today" "yesterday" "last" dow "last week" "now" "now" "+" count units "now" "-" count units "+" count units "-" count units count units "ago" Absolute time formats: hh:mm:ss[.ddd] hh:mm hh:mm[AP]M hh[AP]M hhmmss[[AP]M] "noon" "midnight" Relative time formats: count "minutes" (count can be franctional "1.5" or "1 1/2") count "seconds" count "hours" "+" count units "+" count "-" count units "-" count count units "ago" Timezone formats: [+-]dddd GMT[+-]d+ [+-]dddd (TZN) TZN Special formats: [ d]d/Mon/yyyy:hh:mm:ss [[+-]dddd] yy/mm/dd.hh:mm DESCRIPTION
This module recognizes the above date/time formats. Usually a date and a time are specified. There are numerous options for controlling what is recognized and what is not. The return code is always the time in seconds since January 1st, 1970 or undef if it was unable to parse the time. If a timezone is specified it must be after the time. Year specifications can be tacked onto the end of absolute times. If "parsedate()" is called from array context, then it will return two elements. On sucessful parses, it will return the seconds and what remains of its input string. On unsucessful parses, it will return "undef" and an error string. EXAMPLES
$seconds = parsedate("Mon Jan 2 04:24:27 1995"); $seconds = parsedate("Tue Apr 4 00:22:12 PDT 1995"); $seconds = parsedate("04.04.95 00:22", ZONE => PDT); $seconds = parsedate("Jan 1 1999 11:23:34.578", SUBSECOND => 1); $seconds = parsedate("122212 950404", ZONE => PDT, TIMEFIRST => 1); $seconds = parsedate("+3 secs", NOW => 796978800); $seconds = parsedate("2 months", NOW => 796720932); $seconds = parsedate("last Tuesday"); $seconds = parsedate("Sunday before last"); ($seconds, $remaining) = parsedate("today is the day"); ($seconds, $error) = parsedate("today is", WHOLE=>1); LICENSE
Copyright (C) 1996-2010 David Muir Sharnoff. Copyright (C) 2011 Google, Inc. License hereby granted for anyone to use, modify or redistribute this module at their own risk. Please feed useful changes back to cpan@dave.sharnoff.org. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-20 Time::ParseDate(3pm)